JNTU KAKINADA R07 II B.Tech II Semester, Supplementary Examinations, April
2012 OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING
Com to CSE, CHEM, IT, ECC
Time: 3 hours
Max Marks: 80
All Questions carry
1. a) What is the need for object oriented Programming paradigm? Explain in detail
program structure in Object Oriented Programming.
b) Define class, objects and methods and explain them with examples. (8M+8M)
2. a) Explain about Scope and Life time of variables. Also explain in brief about Type
conversion and casting with examples
b) What is a constructor? Explain in detail about Parameterized constructors and
significance of this keyword. (8M+8M)
3. a) Elucidate in detail about the use of ‘super’ keyword.
b) Explain in detail about method overriding with a sample program. (8M+8M
4. a) How do we add a class or interface to a package? Explain with simple program.
b) What is the Serialization in java and explain it with an Example? (
5. a) Explain about Built
in Exceptions. Illustrate the use of throw and throws keywords
b) Explain in detail about Inter thread Communication. (8M+8M)
6. a) Define Event sources and Event classes. Write a Java program to handle Mouse
b) List the advantages of using Layout Manager. Explain in detail about Flow L
Border Layout with a program. (8M+8M)
7. a) Explain the Lifecycle of an Applet?
b) What is Swing? Explain its advantages over AWT? (
8. a) Define multiple clients? Write a program for multi client programming
b) What is networking and pro
tocol? Explain in detail about the protocol used for Server and