Tooling Teleconference Minutes

searchcoilSoftware and s/w Development

Aug 15, 2012 (5 years and 2 months ago)

225 views

Tooling Teleconference

Minutes


August 11, 2005


Participants
:


Adam Flinton, Adrian Wilkins, Craig Parker, Geoffry Roberts, Len Gallagher,
Laura Sato, Lloyd McKenzie, Skirmantas Kligys

1.


July 28 Minutes




Approved (GR/AF, no objections)


2.


Repository
evaluation update




Geoffry provided a summary of the evaluation he did on Derby (see email of Aug.11).




Adam provided a summary of the evaluation he did on Netbeans MDR (see email of
Aug.11).




Lloyd led a preliminary discussion comparing the tools evaluate
d so far.


He noted
that Berkeley DB XML seemed preferable to Derby, e.g. in terms of ease of install
and query language.


While agreeing that Xquery was useful, Len pointed out that
Berkeley's non
-
support of SQL might be limiting, as well.




Lloyd asked Ad
am to compare Berkeley and Netbeans MDR.


Adam noted that the
main difference is that Netbeans MDR is a model repository, while the others are
databases.


Netbeans can work easily with any of the others (or with Access, etc.),
although it has its own small

database engine.


Geoffry noted that he liked that the
Netbeans MDR was, unlike the others, pure Java.


He thought that its use of BTree
was probably adequate for our purposes.


Geoffry and Lloyd expressed an interest in
getting a better feel for the JMI
query language.


Lloyd suggested that more
investigation was needed of MIF
-
MOF translations, query capabilities, and Netbeans
behaviour under .COM.


ACTION:


Adam and Adrian to demonstrate example MIF
-
MOF translations and test
Netbeans behaviour under .COM
.


ACTION:


Lloyd and Geoffry to explore the use of JMI in comparison to XQuery capabilities.


3.


Committee

project

updates /

next

steps




Lloyd and Laura reported that they had not heard the results of Board decisions for
awarding contracts for these proj
ects, although the decision had been scheduled for
earlier this week.


4.


Tooling Architecture Model




The group had no response for Lloyd's recent email comments on the June draft
model.




Laura and Lloyd noted that this work should be continued within the

Tooling
Architecture committee project.


5.


Other Actions updates




Adam reported that he had emailed the NHS prototype message instance editor tool
to Geoffry, Woody and Lloyd.


He agreed to post it to the HL7 CVS.




Laura reported that the NHS should be
posting the latest version of its MIF
-
enabled
RMIM Designer to the HL7 CVS within the next few weeks.




Lloyd said that he had talked with Grahame Grieve recently and learned that he is
now the Lead Architect for Eclipse's Healthcare Framework forum.


Lloyd

offered to
follow
-
up again on a short report from Grahame about this new initiative.


Laura
asked that Lloyd also invite Grahame to participate in committee calls, indicating that
the committee would be willing to consider rescheduling the calls as needed
.


OPEN ACTIONS SUMMARY


Committee

Projects




Translate proposals to HL7 project documentation template (J. Puyenbroek
-

Aug. 5)




Initiate component architecture discussion on Wiki (L. McKenzie
-

no date assigned)


Other




Demonstrate / test MIF
-
MOF 'round
-
t
ripping' (A. Flinton / A. Wilkins)




Test Netbeans MDR behaviour under .COM (A. Wilkins)




Compare JMI with XQuery capabilities (L. McKenzie, G. Roberts)




Evaluate Sybase candidate repository application (W. Beeler)




Tooling Committee to decide RMIM Designer

development and

roll
-
out

strategy

(W.
Beeler
-

Aug. 18)



HL7 Repository and User Interface project description (unassigned)



Follow
-
up on Eclipse tooling consortium report from G. Grieve and invite him to
participate in the committee (L. McKenzie)




Post N
HS message instance editor prototype to GForge or HL7 CVS (A. Flinton

-

asap)



Post NHS RMIM Designer to GForge or CVS (A. Flinton
-

Sep.)




Propose artifact name structure, submit to MnM and Publishing for approval, copy
Tooling (L. McKenzie)



Tooling Comm
ittee to track and action (where possible) Publication requirements as
requested on May 3, 2005 (L. Sato)




Provide Vocab Tool project description for discussion (R. Hamm
-

new target date
needed)