References on Inventory Routing Problems
1. Abdelwahab, W. M., Sargious, M (1990) "Freight Rate Structure and Optimal Shipment Size in
Freight Transportation", Logist, Transportation Rev., 6(3), p.271-292.
2. Anupindi, R. and Akella, R. (1993) "Diversification Under Supply Uncertainty", Management
Sciences, 39(8), p.944-963.
3. Anupindi, Ravi and Bassok Y (1998) "Supply Contracts with Quantity Commitments and
Stochastic Demand", in Tayur, S., Ganeshan, R. and Magazine M. (Eds.), Quantitative Models for
Supply Chain Management. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, p.197-232.
4. Anily, S. and Federgruen, A. (1990) "One Warehouse Multiple Retailer Systems with Vehicle
Routing Costs", Management Science, 36, p.92-114.
5. Anily, S. and Federgruen, A. (1993) "Two-Echelon Distribution Systems with Vehicle Routing
Costs and Central Inventories", Operations Research, 41, p.37-47.
6. Benerjee, A. (1986) "A Joint Economic Lot Size Model for Purchaser and Vendor", Decision
Sciences, 17, p.292-311.
7. Bertsekas, D P (1995), Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control, Athena Scientific, Belmont,
8. Bramel, J. and Simchi-Levi, D. (1995) "A Location Based Heuristic for General Routing
Problems", Operations Research, 43, p.649-660.
9. Burns, L. D., Hall, R. W., Blumenfeld, D. E. and Daganzo, C. F. (1985) "Distribution Strategies
That Minimize Transportation and Inventory Costs", Operations Research, 33(3), p.469-490.
10. Chen, F., Drezner, Z., Ryan, J. K. and Simchi-Levi, D. (2000) "Quantifying the Bullwhip Effect in
a Simple Supply Chain: the Impact of Forecasting, Lead Times and Information", Mangement
Sciences, 46(3), p.436-443.
11. Chan, L. M. A., Federgruen, A. and Simchi-Levi, D. (1998) "Probabilistic Analyses and Practical
Algorithms for Inventory-Routing Models", Operations Research, 46, p.96-106.
12. Chien, T.W., Balakrishnan, A. and Wong, R. T. (1989) "An Integrated Inventory Allocation and
Vehicle Routing Problem", Transportation Science, 23, p.67-76.
13. Closs, D. J. and Cook, R. L. (1987) "Multi-stage Transportation Consolidation Analysis Using
Dynamic Simulation", Internat. J. Phys. Distribution Materials Management, 17(3), p.28-45.
14. Federgruen, A. and Zipkin, P. (1984) "A Combined Vehicle Routing and Inventory Allocation
Problem", Operations Research, 32, p.109-1037.
15. Gallego, G. and Simchi-Levi, D. (1990) "On the Effectiveness of Direct Shipping Strategy for the
One-warehouse Multi-retailer R-systems", Management Science, 36, p.240-243.
16. Garey, M R and Johnson, D S (1979), Computers and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-
Completeness, Freeman and Company, New York, NY
17. Gen, M and Cheng R (1997), Generic Algorithms and Engineering Design, John Wiley & Sons,
18. Golden, B. L., Assad, A. A. and Dahl, R. (1984) "Analysis of a Large Scale Vehicle Routing
Problem with an Inventory Component", Large Scale Systems, 7, p.181-190.
19. Gupta, Y. P. and Bagchi, P. K. (1987) "Inbound Freight Consolidation Under Just-in-time
Procurement: Application of Clearing Models", J. Bus. Logist, 8(2), p.74-94.
20. Higginson, J. K. and Bookbinder, J. H. (1994) "Policy Recommendations for a Shipment
Consolidation Program", J. Bus. Logist, 15(1), p.87-112.
21. Higginson, J. K. and Bookbinder, J. H. (1995) "Markovian Decision Processes in Shipment
Consolidation", Transportation Sci., 29(3), p.242-255.
22. Kleywegt, A, Nori, V and Savelsbergh, M (2002), The Stochastic Inventory Routing Problem with
Direct Deliveries, Transportation Science, Vol. 36, No. 1
23. Kohli, R. and Park, H. (1994) "Coordinating Buyer-Seller Transactions Across Multiple
Products", Management Science, 40(9), p.45-50.
24. Lariviere, Martin (1998) "Supply Chain Contracting and Coordination with Stochastic Demand",
in Tayur, S., Ganeshan, R. and Magazine, M. (Eds.), Quantitative Models for Supply Chain
Management. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, p.233-268.
25. Lee, H, Padmanabhan, P. and Whang, S. (1997) "Information Distortion in a Supply Chain: the
Bullwhip Effect", Management Science, 43(4), p.546-558.
26. Lee, H and Rosenblatt, M. J. (1986) "A Generalized Quantity Discount Pricing Model to Increase
Supplier Profits", Management Science, 32(9), p.1177-1185.
27. Minkoff, A. S. (1993) "A Markov Decision Model and Decomposition Heuristic for Dynamic
Vehicle Dispatching", Operations Research, 41, p.77-90.
28. Puterman, M L (1994), Markov Decision Process: Discrete Stochastic Dynamic Programming,
John Wiley & Sons, New York
29. Russell, R. M.and Krajewski, L. (1991) "Optimal Purchase and Transportation Cost Lot Sizing or
a Single Item", Decision Sci., 22, p.940-952.
30. Thomas, D. J. and Griffin, P. M. (1996) "Coordinated Supply Chain Management", European
Journal of Operational Research, 94, p.1-15.
31. Trudeau, P. and Dror, M. (1992) "Stochastic Inventory Routing: Route Design with Stockouts and
Route Failures", Transportation Science, 26, p.17-184.
32. Tsay, Andy, Steven Nahmias and Naren Agrawal (1998) "Modeling Supply Chain Contracts: A
Review", in Tayur, S., Ganeshan, R. and Magazine, M. (Eds), Quantitative Models for Supply
Chain Management. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, p.299-336.
33. Waller, M., Johnson, M. E. and Davis, T. (1999) "Vendor-Managed Inventory in the Retail Supply
Chain", Journal of Business Logistics, 20(1), p.183-203.
34. Weng, Z. K. (1995) "Channel Coordination and Quantity Discount", Management Science, 41(9),
35. Xu, K., Dong, Y. and Evers, P. T. (2001) "Towards Better Coordination of the Supply Chain",
Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 37(1), p.35-54.
36. Yushkevich, A A and Feinberg, E A (1979), On Homogeneous Markov Models with Continuous
Time and Finite or Countable State Space, Theory of Probability and its Applications, Vol. 24,
Zhao Q, Wang S Y, Lai, K K & G P Xia, “ Dynamic Multi-Period Transportation Model for
Vehicle Composition with Transshipment Points”, Journal of Advanced Modeling and
Optimization, Vol. 3, No. 1,2001