SG Computing - Multiple Choice
Place the letter of the term that matches the description on the blank in front of the number.
1. A piece of hardware consisting of a keyboard and a screen.
A. Terminals B. Laptop Computer C. Random Access D. Processor
2. Hard Disk Drive, Magnetic Tape are examples of this.
A. Backing Storage Devices B. Analogue C. Digital D. Device
3. A small piece of silicon used to make an integrated circuit.
A. Multi-processor B. Program C. Capacity of Backing Storage D. Chip
4. A mainframe computer that has a number of processors.
A. ROM B. Main Memory C. Multi-processor D. Multi-access
5. A set of microchips that stores data temporarily. The data is lost when the computer is switched off.
A. Input B. Storage Location C. Backing Storage Devices D. RAM
6. To enter data that needs to be processed.
A. Program B. Output C. Multi-access D. Analogue
7. A set of microchips that stores data permanently. The data is not lost when the computer is switched off.
A. ROM B. Capacity of Backing Storage C. Multi-tasking D. Tablet Computer
8. A signal which changes continuously rather than in steps, such as temperature and speed.
A. Analogue B. Chip C. Desktop Computer D. Supercomputer
9. This is a tiny computer inside another, larger piece of equipment, like a washing machine, a car or a mobile phone.
A. Main Memory B. Embedded Systems C. Program D. Multi-processor
10. Reading a set of records in the same order as they were originally stored.
A. Backing Storage Devices B. Multi-access C. Main Memory D. Sequential Access
11. Floppy disk, hard disk, DVD-ROM, CD-ROM are examples of this.
A. Media B. Tablet Computer C. Embedded Systems D. Multi-tasking
12. A microcomputer consisting of a processor, keyboard, mouse and monitor which is normally operated sitting at a desk.
A. Random Access B. Laptop Computer C. Desktop Computer D. Processor
13. A group of eight bits.
A. Byte B. Capacity of Backing Storage C. Program D. RAM
14. A flat computer with a large touch sensitive LCD screen as the main input device.
A. Tablet Computer B. Multi-processor C. Mainframe D. Supercomputer
15. More than one person using the mainframe computer system at the same time.
A. Palmtop Computer B. Laptop Computer C. Storage Location D. Multi-access
16. To enter data that needs to be processed.
A. Embedded Systems B. Input C. Output D. Laptop Computer
17. A hand-held computer. A computer with an LCD screen but may not have a keyboard.
A. Storage Location B. Program C. Palmtop Computer D. Multi-processor