Navigate to the SDS site
from the Vanderbilt campus
Use a wired/LAN connection if possible (
Login using your VUnet ID and password
nload the .zip file
Fully extract the zip file
these are the installation files for
Once fully extracted, click on
Choose Creo parametric
If you want to also install Creo simulate
rerun the install after the initial
install all sub
When asked to install a license server
Click on “Add” and type
it will have port 7788 already, don’t alter this
to add this
floating license server
Select the shortcut
options that you want and then choose a startup folder
Make sure that the account tha
t you are going to be using Creo
from has write access
to that account
(if you are installing as an administrator this is especially useful)
This can take quite a few minutes
for the program to fully install
installation is complete, click next.
When you first start up
, you will be prompted to allow access for PTC from the
If you are not on the VUSE campus
primarily FGH and Olin
update your DNS suffix order search
in order to use the license off campus
instructions are at the end
of this document.
the license is installed correctly
Rerun the setup to install simulate if you need or desire.
Updating your DNS settings
if you need to off the VUSE campus
For Windows XP or Vista:
Altering the DNS settings of your computer can be
as simple as a slight change of adding:
(or the server IP address 220.127.116.11) to your dns suffix search order
Instructions on how to modify this are below…(this will vary a bit
by the OS that you use)
1. Access the properties of the network interface you wish to configure.
click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)."
3. In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box, click the Advanced button.
4. Click the DNS tab
in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box.
5. Click the "Append these DNS suffixes (in order)" radio button.
6. Now click the Add button to add DNS suffixes to the connection.
7. In the TCP/IP Domain Suffix dialog box, enter the name of the first domain n
ame to append to any DNS
search (Example: vuse.vanderbilt.edu).
8. When finished, click OK to close the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box.
9. Click OK to close the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box.
10. Click OK to close the network conn
ection's Properties dialog box.
For Windows 7:
Use the VUSE server host name or IP address
IP Address: 18.104.22.168