UCSD: Asif - LONI - UCLA

foreheadsobstinacySoftware and s/w Development

Aug 15, 2012 (4 years and 8 months ago)

336 views

Minutes from Programming VTC 04/21/06

UCSD:
Asif

Drexel:
Bill

Duke:
Jeff

UCLA:
Allan,
Steve, Jyl

Caltech:


Review of A
ction
I
tems

from last week.

In addition,
Steve planned to send Jeff the source of MBAT this week.


Steve:
CVS
-
browsing is intentionally disabled.


Bill:
Can they
set up a separate instance just for us?

We all will need a good look at the
modules, etc.

He’ll lock down a version to put out of the NT client that’s functional
(webstart version)

on SRB
.


Steve: since we can’t browse in the meantime,
should we
put t
he path on the wiki page
to keep track of modules
?



Bill
:
He’s the s
ubversion administrator at Drexel,
should he
set something up for
us
there?

Would this be a problem with BIRN?
Asif, how do you handle the BIRN CVS?


Asif: he uses
the Eclipse
tool
provided by BIRN


Steve: Eclipse seems to allow browsing


Bill:
Netbeans
-
he can try that for BIRN CVS


Jeff: found the barriers to CVS tough.
He’d be happy to use Bill’s Subversion.


Bill:
This would be
just for
us to put
released software as a gr
oup

so

they can all access
it. Shared development
can be dealt with
in the future.


*
Agreed as a group that this will be the path we take



Steve: A list of features available by the Mouse AHM. What can be available by then?


Bill: people can look at

what he’s developed and provide feedback on ways it can tie in.
A
lso
, he’ll

look through MBAT documentation in relation to what they have there.
Steve
can get a
MAC
server set up
, or try their server.
Development version of the server as
well


Jyl: Bi
ll and Bret will be
giving

MBAT demos

at HBP
, so we’ll send it out for him to
play with along with some basic documentation.


Back to Mouse AHM:

Minutes from Programming VTC 04/21/06

Asif
:
Spatial registry for SA may not be ready for a week before the meeting.
Tightly
integrated with SA


J
eff: trying to get together to have a meeting at Duke and they haven’t had a chance to
yet.


Steve: Back to the design document, with new rows.
No comments by anyone yet, but
maybe if w
e go through module by module to see what people think and can pro
vide.


Jyl:
T
he usability requirements we have asked for tend to
make
the software

more
complicated
.


Bill: there may be a better implementation strategy to help these things scale.
This is
w
hy he pushes API and webservices and datasets.
More of a
high level design issue
, how
do we make sure the future interactions work well with others
.

Stick with what we’re
doing for
the AHM.



**
Agreed on a t
ime change for the meeting
:

11 AM.



Talk about credits:

Bill: proposal
-
a flash screen comes up
-
t
h
eir flash screen is called in a modular way and it
comes up when they do an

about this application
.”

It could cycle through each groups
screen
-
a list of credits
.


Steve: html file that would be on their browser?


Bill:
no, a
java widget that comes up

in the frame.


Example:
BAMS group credit
-
set up here to handle the requests of the BAMS group.


Bill
: This could be made modular
and we make it clear what people should provide

for
it
.
Be easy for people to incorporate it into our credit system.
Puts infrastructure in place
fo
r

people to contribute modules. He can show us what he’s done and it would need to
be built on the MBAT side.
Steve should define what the API would be for that.


St
eve:
the current credit box is
a J
-
dialog


Bill: work
on a JPanel and see how it looks.



Steve: We need to start showing that people are working on different modules. Some are
tied into familiarity with MBAT, but some aren’t.
PUBMED, browse the SRB
-
hasn’t
had a chance to look at Jargon
-
someone writing up
a summary about what needs to be
done. Something they can undertake.

Minutes from Programming VTC 04/21/06


Bill: quick operational connection.

Tasks beyond their own site?
People step in to say
we’ve already done it and make things more accessible to MBAT?


Jyl
:
Generally, the goal
is for people to contribute what fits from their site, and that may
or may not already be in the document, it also includes somewhat of a “wish
-
list.” Also,
we’re trying to include more the sites that haven’t had as active atlasing project. If we
go
over

the modules
specifically, we can get more information about what’s feasible, and
potential priorities.


Bill: everything makes sense except for
the
PubMed

module
,
which
feels li
ke it i
s
literature informatics.


Jyl: we weren’t thinking
an
advanced
Pub
Med module
at this point.
Simply add the
ability for the user to search for an area and a gene and pop up a window in PubMed with
a search just like a user would type in

at the site
.