Working Group Meeting Minutes

feelingmomInternet and Web Development

Dec 7, 2013 (3 years and 6 months ago)

70 views

Working Group Meeting Minutes

Date: 12
-
Jan
-
09

Participants:

Chuck, Bob, Darrel, Renata and Diego.


Apologizes:

Tsu

Agenda

Presenter

Topic

Chuck

“Interested Parties” in the world of IEEE standards

Bob

Progress report on Getting all of our current active

WG on the Interested Parties roster

Darrel

Progress report on using the IEEE LifeRay portal for our 828 website/collaboration tool

Diego & Bob, All

Matrix of SDLC activities and SCM activities? Or use PIEMatrix? Or do we need both?

All

Time to start
drafting, so what sections do each of us volunteer for?


Notes

Darrel on LifeRay report

He was able to see it but not to add content so far. He will clone other portals content and send the rest of the team
both links (our Portal + Example Portal with con
tent).


PieMatrix:

Chuck asked about the adoption of PIEMatrix.

Diego said it has some interesting features (like parallel development) and thus we should use it.

Bob warned about usability and performance and he would like to have more hands
-
on experience

with the tools prior
to an assessment veredict.

All (with the exception of Renata who arrived later to the meeting) agreed to give another turn to the tool to assess its
ease of use.


CM, Software or System?

Chuck used PIEMatrix to represent 15288std.

Ope
n: shall we have separate layers for SW and System? or Just explode the System's Implementation phase with
SW? Chuck asked the team to look into PIEMatrix and make suggestions about the best approach.


Standard (Document) Development

Renata to be Editor o
f the different drafts of the standard. Team to try using LifeRay to manage not only the drafts but
also harmonization documentation, especially those the team was mandated to harmonized with (12207 and 15288).


Renata on Std. Vocab:

She proposed to use a
word document with a table inside to compare the different definitions already present in the
website. Diego have seen the current document and seems to be adequate to the kind of work to do with it.

Diego mentioned the diverse wording on the different def
initions according to the different sources listed in the site.

Renata asked what about different definitions... to which one shall we refer? So far, Chuck answered, it is important
to just show right now how many different definitions of SCM terms are the
re and it is not imperative to "restrict" our
SCM definitions to the ones already listed if we found a new one that better suits the meaning.




ARs:

All
: provide IEEE IDs to bob so he can add us as interested parties.

Diego
: follow instructions on Bob’s e
mail to get into the working group.

Renata & Chuck
:

to work on the template preparation for the new standard.

Diego and Bob
:

do the "Graphical" Matrix between SDLC and SCM Activities, as some aspect of what we want to
show cannot be properly represented by

PIEMatrix.

PIEMatrix

Bob
: Software Operation Process

Diego
. Integration Process

Chuck:
Requirements Process

Renata
: just look into PIEMatrix and give a hand on Requirements to Chuck

Darrel
: Software Maintenance Process

Next Meeting Planning

Date/Time:

F
eb 9 at 1:30 PT

Agenda:

1.

Terminology Matrix review.

2.

PIEMatrix and what we could progress by filling some black holes.


Note: Renata will send an update on the outlook appointment.