HERRICK LIBRARY LIBRARIANS MEETING Minutes 5/13/2013

desertdysfunctionalInternet and Web Development

Dec 4, 2013 (3 years and 8 months ago)

88 views

HERRICK LIBRARY

LIBRARIANS MEETING

Minutes

5
/
1
3
/201
3


1)

S
AILS Discussion


moved to AU Librarians Meeting


2)

Weeding Discussion


all

Laurie is working on the Qs. Steve will work on the Reference Collection and the
Business Collection.


3)

FYE Space Proposal
(with Bob Stein)


Bob plans to meet with Steve and not wait
until Melissa is back on campus.

We will try not to promise too much and have clear
expectations for what the library will provide.


4)

Review of the Herrick Library Committee Meeting and next step
s

The committee was very positive about the revised Collection Development Policy and
the Underlying Assumptions documents and offered to give Steve feedback on a cover
memo before the documents get sent out to all CLAS and CoPS faculty members.
Steve wi
ll offer to meet with Colleges or Divisions to discuss any concerns.


5)

E
-
Book survey status?


Brian and Ellen

They are creating a SUNYLA presentation (with Fang) which will include a discussion
session dealing with how libraries are moving ahead with e
-
b
ooks, how they deal with
the transition between print and electronic versions of books and
how they are dealing
with the problems that arise.


6)

F
all Retreat



Steve

Mark Smith prefers to have separate retreats this year. Steve asked for topics we
might con
sider for the Herrick Retreat. It was suggested that the same topics that
were discussed at the Herrick Library [Faculty] Committee would be of interest to the
staff. Strategic Planning, Library’s Future, and Innovation and the Workplace were
also suggest
ed.


7)

Library Furniture


Still waiting for an estimate from Kate Plants.


8)

Academic Resource Center


maybe the Retention Roundtable report (and
others) will revive this concept

Steve will e
-
mail a copy of the last version of the ARC Grant proposal.


9)

ITS M
eetings


Ellen

Ellen will meet with ITS on Wednesday. ITS is working on installing library
applications (Joomla, EZProxy and eventually MDID) on a libraries
-
only server. Dspace
will continue to reside on its own, separate server.


10)


Art

Steve will remove

the large “suspended
-
book” art from the back wall of the Commons
and put up some large works to replace it.


11)

Faculty Senate action


Laurie

Laurie noted that the Faculty Senate had approved moving archival Blackboard
materials to AURA.


12)

Summer Plans


all

Dave Snyder will be coordinating our student workers to shift, shelf
-
read, and clean a
“hopefully” large section of the general collection.


Respectfully submitted,


Steve Crandall, Secretary of the Day