(Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)

bawltherapistSoftware and s/w Development

Dec 13, 2013 (3 years and 7 months ago)

82 views

Meeting Minutes

Date: 2012/06/18

Time: 4
:00 PM EDT


Called by

HL7 Electronic Services WG

Facilitator

Lorraine Constable

Purpose

Scheduled Bi
-
Weekly Call

Note taker(s)

Lorraine Constable

Attendees:


Mike Kingery, Andy Stechishin, Dave Hamill, Josh
Carmody, Nat Wong, Lorraine Constable
,
Jay Ballinger

Regrets:

Ken McCaslin, Bill Braithwaite

Agenda Topics

1.

Agenda review and approval
(Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)

2.

Minutes review and approval

1.

WGM minutes

2.

June 4 conference call

3.

National Library of Medicine vocabulary tool
-

Andy

4.

Tooling Dashboard
-

Andy

5.

Target audience survey
-

Dave?

6.

TSC Strategic Initiative Dashboard
-

Ken

7.

Agenda for next meeting


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:



Minutes review and
approval

o


WGM minutes



Motion to approve by Dave, seconded by Andy



Against 0, Abstain 2, In favour 4

o

June 4 Conference call minutes



Motion to approve by Mike, seconded by Nat



Against 0, Abstain 2, In favour 4



National Library of Medicine vocabulary tool

o

Na
tional Library of Medicine (NLM) has a tool to support the submission of requests for vocabulary
updates. They are making this tool available to HL7. The Vocabulary Work Group would like to use this tool
to assist with the management of Vocabulary Harmoniz
ation.

o

Discussed what would be involved with the hosting of the tool. Since it is a web based tool, the request has
been brought to Electronic Services by Andy as Tooling co
-
chair and Vocabulary tooling liaison.

o

The tool is a Java web application that uses

Hibernate to run against a database (currently Oracle, but could
be another DB), running in a Tomcat application server. <post meeting correction from Andy


the
Application Server is actually JBoss>

o

The current technology stack used by HL7 does not inclu
de the infrastructure to serve a Java web
application.

o

Questions from Mike: Are we expecting to host this ourselves, or use an outside facility? Who is the owner
of any support requests? Who would address bugs? What would be expected of HL7 regarding suppo
rt
requirements, training requirements, etc.

o

Timeframe: The tool release is scheduled for mid July. That is not early enough to pilot Vocabulary change
requests for this harmonization cycle.

o

Question: What is the priority of this initiative within the too
ling strategy? Vocabulary has identified this as
a key tool.

o

We need to document the requirements, implementation and support processes and investigate hosting
options. This is large enough that it should have a project scope statement under which the effo
rt can be
managed.

o

Action items: Andy will work with Vocabulary to put together a project scope statement sponsored by
Vocabulary, co sponsored by tooling and Electronic Services. Andy will also forward Mike the current
details he has regarding the
technology requirements for the submission tool.

o

Questions from Nat: What is the tool name? Andy to look up and get back to us.
Are our current hosting
arrangements physical or virtual? They are physical. The PSS should discuss how to address Intellectual

Property requirements generated by the tool

o

Is single sign on with our website possible? It is desired by Vocab, but may not be practical or cost effective
given our current technical set up.

o

Vocab would like to restrict access to Vocab facilitators.



Too
ling Dashboard

o

Reviewed the requirements list on the tooling dashboard wiki page

o

These requirements are much more automatable than those from the TSC Strategic Initiatives dashboard.

o

Electronic Services will review the requirements list for feasibility and

determine who needs to coordinate
each so we can work through the options. Lynn, Dave and Mike are likely the primary resources involved.



Target Audience survey

o

tabled



TSC Strategic initiative dashboard

o

tabled



Agenda for next meeting

o


Actions



Talk to Grahame Grieve and Lloyd McKenzie to see if there are any web page updates that we need to address on
hl7.org


Ken McCaslin



Set up the survey we intended to put out on the co
-
chair dinner night tables for their feedback on target audience;
what is

the most important things to target for co
-
chairs. It will now be a survey monkey item. Assigned: Dave
Hamill


see Help Electronic Services make HL7 Web Site better!



Coordinate PSS development for NLM vocabulary submission tool with Vocab Work Group


An
dy Stechishin



Forward NLM tool technology requirements to Mike


Andy Stechishin. DONE