Submission date: April 18
Submitted by: Larry Allen
Course number and title: ELEC 1100 Circuit Analysis I
ELEC 1100 course outcomes
1. Convert between powers of ten and engineering units
2. Solve voltage and current prob
lems that involve charge, energy, and time.
3. Solve resistance problems that involve resistivity, length, and cross sectional area of
4. Solve problems using ohm’s law.
5. Solve power problems that involve voltage, curren
t, resistance, and time.
6. Solve efficiency problems using energy or power.
7. Solve for voltage, current, resistance, and power in series DC circuits.
8. Solve for voltages in series DC circuits using KVL.
9. Solve for voltage in series DC circui
ts using the voltage divider rule (VDR).
10. Solve a voltage regulation/ internal resistance problem
11. Solve for voltage, current, resistance, and power in parallel DC circuits.
12. Solve for currents in parallel DC circuits using KCL.
for current in a DC circuit using the current divider rule (CDR).
14. Solve a parallel voltage source problem.
15. Solve for voltmeter loading of a circuit.
16. Solve a simple voltage divider problem using a potentiometer
17. Solve a simple c
apacitance reactance problem.
18. Solve a simple inductance reactance problem.
19. Solve a simple frequency, period, sinusoidal, degree radian problem.
21. Solve a simple average, effective value problem for a sinusoidal waveform.
22. Solve a simpl
e impedance problem involving resistance, capacitance, inductance.
23. Solve the power triangle
24. Solve a power factor correction problem
25. Solve a simple transformer problem
26. Construct, simulate, and solve for voltage, current and power
in series DC circuits
27. Construct, simulate, and solve for voltage, current and power in parallel DC circuits