FUNCTIONS OF MACRO-ECONOMIC SECTION
1. Preparation of chapters for Annual, Medium-Term and Perspective Plans
and material for NEC summaries.
2. Review of economy for Mid-Year and on the basis of Annual Plan and
3. Preparation of briefs and position papers on various macroeconomics
4. Preparation of macroeconomics performance.
5. Identification of macroeconomic issue.
6. Review of large-scale manufacturing.
7. Maintaining data to pertaining to macroeconomic framework.
8. Write-ups/briefs/comments etc.
9. Provision of data to national and international organizations.
10. Monitoring and forecasting sectoral performance.
11. Maintaining all data pertaining to GDP sectors.
12. Write-ups/reviews/comments etc.
13. Monitoring and forecasting savings and investment (public and private) by
sectors and industrial groups.
14. Review of financing of private investment-sanctions and disbursements
and monitoring direct foreign investment by industrial groups, types and
15. Maintaining all relevant data pertaining to private investment.
16. Preparation of write-ups/views/comments relating to savings and
17. Estimation of national and public savings.