Minutes_Aug_26_10 - University of Manitoba

knifedamagingInternet και Εφαρμογές Web

2 Φεβ 2013 (πριν από 4 χρόνια και 6 μήνες)

532 εμφανίσεις


IPE Liaison Advisory Committee

Meeting

Minutes

Aug 26, 2010

3:00


5:00 p.m

Room 350, Helen Glass, Faculty of Nursing, Fort Garry Campus


Attendees
:

Ruby Grymonpre (Chair)
,


Christine Ateah

(Nursing
),

Doug Brothwell
(D
entistry
),

Christine Davis (Pharmacy

),

Tuula Heinonen (Social Work),

Maxine
Holmqvist (Clinical Health Psychology
),
Susan Morrow (CHI)
,

Cathy Rippin
-
Sisler (
WRHA
),

Pam Wener (Occupational Therapy),


Regrets:
Joanne Hamilton (CHI),

Jeannette Edwards (CHI)
,

Omolayo Famuyide (MaHSSA),

Lyn Ferg
uson (Social Work),
Jose Francois (CHI),

Bruce Martin (CHI),

Elizabeth Ready (Kinesiology & Recreation Management),

Carla Taylor

(
Human Nutritional Sciences
),


Andrew West (Respiratory Therapy),

Heather Dean (Medicine),

Laura MacDonald (Dental Hygiene
-
teac
hing conflict for entire 1
st

term
-
no alternate available
),

Jenneth Swinamer (Physical Therapy
),


Alternates/others interested
:

Kelly Brink (Pharmacy
-
maternity leave)
,

Fiona Jensen (Nursing


alternate),

Kathleen Klaasen (WRHA
-
alternate
)

Barb Goodwin (Facu
lty of
Nursing


alternate),


Documents sent prior to or at meeting:

Agenda

Aug 26, 2010

Minutes

June 24, 2010 (sent July 9, 2010)


July 22
nd

meeting cancelled

IPE Liaison Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (April 26, 2010 draft)

IPE Strategic Plan (Au
g 19_10 draft)

IPE Workplan (Aug 19_10)

CPSI opportunities memo

Glossary of terms


Item

Topic

Action

1.0

Introductions


2.0

Agenda
approved


3.0

Minutes of
June 24, 2010




Pam
Wener
will circulate to committee members 2 authorship documents the CANCHI
LD
and CIHC guidelines

(done?)





4.0

Business Arising

from June meeting

4.1 IPE Strategic Plan


m慭 req略st敤 t桡t m桹獩捡cI l捣異慴楯湡l 慮d o敳eir慴潲y q桥r慰y
扥 li獴敤 獥sar慴敬yI r慴a敲et桡渠慳 摥灡rtm敮ts wit桩渠n桥 p捨c潬 of M敤i捡c
o敨慢ilit慴
i潮.
The header for Communication should be ‘Communication Strategy’ to
avoid confusion with ‘Communication Skills’.
a畲i湧 t桥 䩵ge ㈴ 䱩慩獯s m敥tingI 愠go潤
慭潵湴 of tim攠e慳⁳灥at 潮 r敶i獩湧 t桥 d畩摩湧 mri湣n灬敳⸠ mam te湥r i湤i捡瑥搠t桡t
獥s敲慬

of t桥 items 慲a 獴ill 獴慴敤 慳 g潡l猠rat桥r t桡渠nri湣n灬敳⸠ mam v潬畮t敥r敤 t漠
r敶i獥⁴桥 st慴am敮t猠慣捯牤c湧ly.
fmb pt敥rin朠C潭oitt敥 w慳⁴o r敶i敷
扯t栠
愠灲敶i潵猠
v敲獩e渠nf t桥
Strategic Plan and Gustaaf’s revised version and offer feedback. Ne
xt
m敥ting wit栠却敥ri湧 C潭oitt敥 p数t 8.

4.
2

IPE Workplan



qh敲攠w慳ag敮敲慬 a杲敥g敮t t桡t

to ma步kt桥 tork灬慮 敡獩敲et漠r敡搬

each ‘Goal’ should have its own ‘Outcome’, ‘Resources Required’, ‘Considerations’
.
M敭扥牳e慳k敤 t漠r敶i敷 t桥 tor歰k慮
慮搠dffer f敥摢慣欮

4.3
Curriculum

(R Grymonpre)



UofM IPE Curriculum Blueprint


o畢y 灲敳敮t敤 t桥 Bl略灲楮t to t桥 toeA fbCmCm
tor歩ng dro異. toeA 桡猠agr敥d to 慤潰t t桥 CfeC C潭灥o敮捹 fram敷潲o w桥r敡猠t桥
r潦M 慤慰t敤 t桥 捯mp整敮捹 fram敷潲k猠fro
m rBC 慮搠䍉䡃. ft i猠imp潲o慮t t桡t w攠
f潬l潷 t桥 獡浥 fr慭敷潲k. q桥 tw漠慲e v敲e 獩mil慲a o畢y will m潤ify t桥 rofM
Bl略灲楮t
t漠慬ign wit栠h桥 CfeC fram敷潲欮 o畢y 桡猠re捥cv敤 f敥摢慣欠潮 t桥 C畲ri捵c畭uBl略灲楮t
from 獥s敲慬 i湤ivi摵慬献 q桥 Blu
数ri湴 湥敤s furt桥r w潲欮 A j潩湴 rofM
-
toeA torkin朠
dr潵p will 扥 敳瑡扬i獨s搠do refi湥 t桥 C畲ri捵c畭uBl略灲楮t.

k漠潮o w慮t敤 t漠o潬畮t敥r to
獩t 潮 t桩猠torkin朠gr潵p




UofM IP Curriculum Map


still 湥敤猠to 扥 灯灵l慴敤a批 o敳eir慴ary q桥r慰y
⸠.




UofM Glossary of Terms



committee members asked to review and provide feedback and
suggestions

4.
4

IP Working Groups
-

updates





M敭扥牳eof t桥 IPE Ste敲楮朠䍯mmitt敥 桡v攠慳k敤 t桡t t桥 捨cir猠of 敡捨cWG
灲潶i摥 慮 異摡te to t桥m 潮 愠r潴oti湧 扡獩s.



P慭aWe湥r m慤e
愠re煵敳琠t漠o慰 t桥 湵m扥r of Working Gr潵灳p 慳 t桥 I湩ti慴楶攠楳e
‘snowballing’ and
䱩慩獯s
mem扥rs 慲攠f敥li湧 潶敲e桥lm敤. o畢y i湤i捡瑥搠t桡t w攠
獴ill 桡v攠e漠敳t慢li獨⁡渠fm m慴楥nt pafety td a猠t桩猠w慳畲 畮摥rst慮摩湧 wit栠
M慮ito
扡 f湳tit畴u of m慴a敮t paf整e Ei.e. t桡t w攠捲敡t攠e td t漠敶慬畡t攠e湤I if
慰灲潰物pteI im灬敭敮e t桥ir m慴楥湴 pafety pim畬慴楯渠
灲潤畣tE猩)
. q桥r攠w慳⁧敮敲慬
捯c獥s獵猠t漠o慰 t桥 湵m扥r of td at 㜮

Clinical Placement
WG
(
Ruby G)


Pam Wener to revise Guiding
Principles and forward to
Ruby by September 21.





Members asked to review the
Strategic and
Work

P
lan
s

and
offer feedback.


Rub
y to work with WRHA and
interested Liaison members
on working on the IPE
Initiative Curriculum Blueprint.


Ruby to follow up with Andrew
West (
RT) or Emily Etcheverry

and Maxine Holmqvist
(CHP)
to
get stats for
curriculum
map.


All members reminded to
rev
iew
,
add to

and revise

the
glossary of terms.


Ruby to obtain schedule for
IPE Steering Committee
meetings and to assign dates
for chairs to present.


Ruby to discuss suggestion to
cap number of WG at 7

with
IPE Steering Committee
.



WRHA report on the IP

Clinical Placement Project is completed. In excess of 200 pages.
Electronic version will be available on IPE Initiative website.



Research/Evaluation report is in progress


data under analysis



One important learning from the project is the challenge te
ams face when trying to mentor
students with variable placement schedules. We have learned that between academic
units there appears to be 3 clinical placement models: (1) consultation; (2) ‘non
-
blocked’
(1
-
2 days per week); (3) ‘blocked’ (1
-
12 weeks). T
here was general consensus within the
WG that blocked placements offer superior learning for the student. Ruby is currently doing
a literature search to
determine whether this assumption is evidence based
. Such
evidence might motivate academic units to un
dertake the significant curriculum revision
required to harmonize placement schedules.



In addition to Concordia and St. B. Palliative Care, all 3 sites participating in the Health
Canada CP&LE project are willing to accommodate IP teams of students:

o

Home C
are Community Stroke Care Service


willing to accommodate students
from Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Social
Work

o

Mature Women's Centre
, Victoria General Hospital


willing to accommodate
Medical Residents, Nurse Practiti
oner students, Dietary Interns,
and students from
Pharmacy
,
Kinesiology
, S
ocial Work
,
Psychology

o

River Park Gardens, Long Term Care currently mentors medical and nursing
students but will do their best to accommodate students from any faculty

Health Promo
tion

(L Ready)


As Liz was not in attendance, Doug and Ruby offered some
feedback on this WG progress



The WG discussed whether their focus should be on
HP

at the
individual
or
community

level. It was decided they would address
both
.




The group is c
lose
to
deciding a
topic
. A

case
was
circulated for consideration



The group has created
survey
to assess what is currently being taught in HP

Communication

Skills

(P Wener)





Dates for meetings have been arranged for first term.



Will be working on
Terms of Re
ference
.



Have a
greed

that they will develop a
2
-
4 hour communications sk
i
lls

session

and
make use
of what is alr
e
a
dy being taught.



Membership currently includes representation from p
harm
a
cy, nursing, dental hygiene, OT,
PT
, kinesiology & rec
reation

man
agement
.




The WG will encourage

the involvement of an instructor that teaches communication in

University 1



















Lia
isons should be expecting
a survey from the HP WG.
Liaisons will facilitate its


distribution
within each
academic unit, as appropriate


Ruby to forward revised
IPE
Liaison
Terms of Reference to
Chairs of all WG
.


Liaison members from
academic units not
currently
on
IP Communication
WG
were reminded to recruit
members,
if their respective
unit feels the project is
relevant and that it has the
necessary resources, time


Ruby indicated that the funding received from the Academic Enhancement Fund (AEF) was
to pilot the McMaster Online
IP
Communications Modules that

were previously reviewed
favourably by the Liaison Committee
.

Oral & Systemic Health

(D Brothwell, L MacDonald)





A video script was written by a group involving pharmacy, medicine, dentistry, dental
hygiene and a diabetes educator.

Video filming took p
lace in July.

Casey Hein
is currently
editing
the

v
ideo
.
Casey may arrange an ‘unveiling’

in early fall
.
Cathy Rippin
-
Sisler
indicated that
MIPS was interested.



Doug
indicated that in addition to working on the facilitators guide for the video, he would

like his WG to develop and implement clinical placements relevant to OSH. Ruby enquired
whether that responsibility might
lie
more appropriately with the IP Clinical Placement WG.
Doug indicated that given that the focus will be on OSH, he felt it was m
ore
relevant
the
OSH WG mandate. Doug agreed to

write a brief summary of the WG
responsibilities to
assist Liaison members with Faculty recruitment.
As per the minutes of June 24, Liaison
members are asked to recruit members to an IP OSH WG if the acade
mic program feels the
project is relevant and that it has the resources, time and expertise to participate

Faculty Development

WG

(C Ateah, L MacDonald)





Meeting
held on August 23


the
y

review
ed the
terms of reference and
discussed
next
steps.



In revi
ewing the ToR, the group recommended that certain sections should be consistent
between all WG ToR.

o

After some discussion it was agreed that the c
hair or
at least one of the
co
-
chairs
must be a member of
t
he
IPE
Liaison

Advisory C
ommittee

to ensure ongoi
ng
communication
between the Liaison Committee and
respective
WG
s
.

o

Membership term


it was agreed that the term should be a ‘2 year renewable term’
and that this should be stated under the ‘Leadership and Membership’ subheading



It was agreed that t
he
WG

s primary responsibility will be to f
acilitate ongoing IP Faculty
development relevant to the Blueprint
, as required
.



Next session will be
another

Intro

to IPE’

s
ession

target
ing

all IP
WG members

as it was
noted that several IP WG members have not had
any exposure to IPE.

Session will likely be

½ day rather than full day
. Dates being considered are
Dec 8
,
9
,
14
,
15
.
Christine wil
l

doodle
for the best date.

Quality Improvement

WG





Linda Hathout (Director, CHI) will be arranging a meeting shortly. A
s per the minutes of
June 24, Liaison members are asked to recruit members to an IP QI WG if the academic
program feels the project is relevant and that it has the resources, time
and expertise to
and expertise to participate.





Doug to write a brief summary
of what he perceives the

roles
& responsibilities of the OSH
WG should be.


Liaisons are reminded to
recruit members to the IP
OSH WG if their respective
unit feels the project is
relevant and that it has the
necessary
resources, time
and expertise to participate.


Chairs of all
WG asked to
make changes (
as noted in 2
bullets re: chair and
membership term)
to the
ir
respective
ToR to be
consistent with
all
other ToR.


Christine
Ateah
will ask
Chrissy
Laqui
to schedule the
next IP Faculty Development
session in December


Liaison mem
bers are asked to
recruit members to an IP QI
WG if the academic program
feels the project is relevant
and that it has the resources,
time and expertise to
participate.

participate. Doug Brothwell indicated his interest in poss
ibly serving a s a co
-
chair to this
committee. Christine Ateah indicated that she would ask Diana Clarke if she would be
willing to serve as a co
-
chair
.


4.5 IPE Liaison Advisory Committee Terms of Reference



(R Grymonpre)



change term
of appointme
nt 2 year renewable term
.

4.6 MaHSSA


(O Famuyide)





Grant Pidwinski
, MaHSSA Executive member, would like to recruit students from our
academic

units to MaHSSA.

The process for contacting students from each academic
unit differ
s

and is also hindered

by privacy laws
.

Ruby
will ask Grant to send the message
to her, she will then distribute to members of the Liaison Advisory Committee
.
After
receipt of the request from
Ruby
, Liaison members are asked to
send it to whomever is
the right contact.



Christ
ine Ateah received a request from WISH to recruit volunteer nursing students.
Several L
iaison
members
expressed concerns that WISH continues to operate separately
from MaHSSA. WISH will be advised that any faculty requests must be channelled
through MaHS
SA, who will then contact the IPE Coordinator for discussion at an IPE
Liaison Advisory Committee


Ruby
will make changes to
the Liaison Committee ToR to
be consistent with other To
R.


Ruby to follow up with Grant
and ask him to send
her
his
cover message. Ruby will
forward this message to
members of the Liaison Group
(with a cc to Grant)
. Liaison
members are being asked to
forward the message to
whomever is the correct
contact wit
hin their unit.


Ruby to contact MaHSSA and
WISH to confirm process for
future contact with Academic
Units.


5.0

New Business (R Grymonpre)

5.1

Process for engaging new Faculties/Departments (Dept of Psychology, Faculty of
Geography/Geology/Environment)


deans have approved the Ruby contact appropriate
individuals re: participating in IPE Initiative. ?Names of contact individuals?


5.2

Request from MIPS/CPSI for IP Faculty Development in Patient Safety


memo

-

tabled

5.
3

MIPS simulation project update

-

tabled

5.4
Accreditation of Interprofessional Health Education (AIPHE) Stakeholders meeting



tabled.

5.5
Curriculum Addition (Pam Wener)
-

tabled


Ruby to follow up with
Maxine
Holmqvist and Liz Ready to
determine the
appropriate
contacts re: partici
pation in
IPE Initiative

and the context
of the request.






6.0

Future meeting dates & locations


3
rd

Thursday of every month (3:00
-
5:00)

Polycom will be available at all meetings.

September 16, 2010


Room 141 Apotex Building

October 21, 2010


Room 2
02 Helen Glass

Only one person can call into
a polycom at any given time.
Members must forward their
telephone numbers to Ruby to
November 18, 2010


Room 141 Apotex Building

December 16, 2010


Room 210 Helen Glass

January 20, 2011


Room 141 Apotex Building

February 17, 2011


Room 210 Helen Glass

March 17, 2011


Room 141 Apotex Building

April 21, 2011


Rom 210 Hel
en Glass

May 19, 2011


Room 141 Apotex Building

June 16, 2011


Room 210 Helen Glass

July 21, 2011


Room 141 Apotex Centre

access meetin
g via polycoms