Officers Meeting Minutes Monday 1 June 2009 at 11.30am, Davies Street, University of the Arts, London

ignoredmoodusΛογισμικό & κατασκευή λογ/κού

21 Φεβ 2014 (πριν από 3 χρόνια και 8 μήνες)

151 εμφανίσεις



© ARLIS 2008

Registered Charity No. 1048642

www.arlis.org.uk



Officers

Meeting

Minutes

Monday 1
st

June 2009 at 11.30am, Davies Street, University

of the Arts,
London


Present:

Pat Christie

(Chair),
Nicola Salliss

(Hon
Secretary
),

Stephanie Silvester (Hon Treasur
er) and Lorraine Blackman (minutes)

In attendance

Mari
e
-
Therese Gramstadt


1.

Apologies

and Welcome

There were no
apologies.

LB

was welcomed to her first meeting as the new ARLIS
Business Manager and it was noted that this was NS’s first meeting as Honorary
Secretary.


2

2.1

Previous Meetings

Minutes of t
he
Officer’s
meeting 08/04
/2009

A number of corrections were noted. Officers to send suggested amendments to LB
asap. LB to circulate corrected Minutes.

2.1.1

Matters arising
-

PC will circulate Welcome Letter to Committee
Chairs

for
circulation to their n
ew committee members. SS will circulate the complete update of
the
Administrative

Handbook.

2.1.2

End of Year Accounts


SS/LB will check whether reminders to members to
renew their membership for 2009 were sent out.



Offcrs


PC

SS


SS/LB

2.2

Minutes
o
f Council Meetings 22.04.09

Two sets of Minutes were received for 22.04.09 as two meetings were held, pre AGM
and post
-
AGM (to confirm
committee membership). Officers to send any corrections to
LB before the final version are circulated to Council.


2.2.1



Minutes of the 11.02.09 meeting
-

t
he status of the 11
th

February

2009
minutes

will

be
checked,

and

to be added to the website.


2.2.2



Membership and Subscription
-

LB will notify the Hon Treasurer on a weekly
basis of payments made to ARLIS.


2.2.3


ProQuest Award
-

no applications have been received thus far. The Award will
be promoted via ARLIS
-
Link and the front page of the ARLIS website; the deadline will
also be extended.


2.2.4


PC will ask SB to provide NCC report for inclusion in the Minutes
.


AOB
-

It was noted that we need to introduce some kind of version control regarding
meeting
documentation
.


It was
also
noted that since the committee memberships were confirmed a member of
the VRC has notified the Chair that she will be retiring; anot
her will need to take their
place.


Offcrs




NS/LB




LB



SS
/LB



PC


NS/LB

2.3

Minutes of AGM 22.04.09

Officers will send any corrections to NS. 52 people attended the event. The guest
lecture and reception at Chelsea Old Library were well received by

members
.



Offcrs

3

3.1

Forthcoming Meetings

Council Meeting, 17.06.09



© ARLIS 2008

Registered Charity No. 1048642

www.arlis.org.uk



NS circulated the draft agenda for June’s Council Meeting. NS to circulate to Council.


It was noted that the Hon Secretary and the Hon Treasurer will not be attending this
meeting
.

LB

will give the Hon
Secretary’s

Report and
PC will give the Hon
Treasurer’s

Report.

NS


PC/LB



4


4.1














4.2






4.3

Events

If NS is unable to attend the meeting, LB will need to give
NS’ report
.

Conference 2009 and 2010

Planning for the

2009 Conference is proceeding well. SS reported that the deadline for
final bookings has been extended.


Sarah Jeffcott, Scottish National Portrait Gallery, has agreed to chair the 2010
Conference Working Party and Jane Furness,
Edinburgh

College of

art,

will act as
local contact. JP has also
agreed

to
join

the group to provide
conference

planning
continuity. PC will liaise with SJ about seeking other members to join the group, and it
was noted that someone will
need

to be identified to co
-
ordinate confer
ence bookings.


The first priority for this group will be to confirm the venue. The provisional
dates for
the conference are 14/07/10
-
16/07/
10.
LB will

send SJ the conference pack, including
a checklist of venues, which NH had collated whilst still in pos
t.


Members Day 2009

This will be held on 23.11.09 and the venue will be the Whitec
hapel Art Gallery.

Emma Floyd is leading on the planning for this event.


It was noted that we need to start thinking about an invitation list.


Other Events

The Officers

agreed to approve the request from EPDC to postpone their Novem
ber
event until early 2010
. PC to notify JP of decision.










PC



LB








ALL




PC

5

5.1






5.2

Marketing and Publications

Website Editor and AN Co
-
Editor

NS reported that no appli
cations have been received as yet. It was agreed to extend
the deadline until 05.06.09 and re
-
advertise via ARLIS
-
Link.



NS to approach Catherine Sheridan regarding suggestions fir the co
-
editor role, LB
and NS will continue to update the website whilst
there is a vacancy
.

ISBNs and Forthcoming
Publications


SS
has

purchased a set of ISBNs for ARLIS
publications
.
An ongoing record of
allocated
ISBN’s will

be kept by the Business
Manager.
SS has allocated Annamarie
McKie with an ISBN for the forthcoming pu
blication on Displays and
Exhibitions

in Art
Libraries, which now needs to be registered.


NS



NS

NS/LB



SS/LB

6

6.1





6.2

Financial Matters

Income
-

Membership

SS and LB to look at process of checking via the database, which members (personal,
ins
titutional, and overseas) have not been invoiced or have not paid after being
invoiced.


Financial Report

SS to email to Officers.




SS/LB




SS

7

Membership Database
-

Options Appraisal

This was the main item of the me
e
ting. Marie
-
Therese Gramstadt at
tended for this
item and provided a presentation on a shortlist of three options she had drawn up for
ARLIS’s consideration


MemberClicks with Peachtree, Salesforce with Coda 2go and
CiviCRM with
QuickBooks
. See in
-
depth report from M
-
T G.




© ARLIS 2008

Registered Charity No. 1048642

www.arlis.org.uk



Following the

presentation, choices of database have been narrowed down to two;
both provide web
-
based access. The options are Salesforce and MemberClicks.

Action points regarding the database:

In order to make an informed decision,
Officers

need to speak to a represe
ntative
from Salesforce and MemberClicks.


It was noted that

LB

will need to produce a users manual once the database is
installed in order to aid business continuity
.


LB

will speak with M.T G t
o discuss existing database and integration of data to new
database.


A decision on which database to choose needs to be made
-

ALL



Action point
agreed

with M
-
T G

To send the Officers information packs on MemberClicks and Salesforce (including
prices of software
and

accompanying accounting packages).

M
-
TG



8

International Role

Deferred to Council Meeting.







9

Business Manager Induction Programme

PC circulated a draft programme; all officers will aim to have induction meetings with
LB plus briefing sessions will be arranged with other members that under
take key
functions on behalf of ARLIS



Offcrs

10

10.1

AOB

ARLIS Boxes at the Paul Mellon Centre

Items stored in the Paul Mellon Centre need

to

have their condition assessed and a
decision made as to what needs to be transferred and what needs to be dis
posed of.
PC to forward information regarding archives to LB and NS and then NS/LB to liaise
with Emma Floyd.



PC


LB/NS

10.2

Officer’s Action Plan

PC to update and circulate.

PC

10.3

Holiday Dates

Officers need to inform each other of holidays, LB

to acquire information from each

Officer and publish in ARLIS calendar.


Offcrs

10.4

Council Arrangements

SB has suggested settling up a jiscmail discussion list for ARLIS Council to encourage
record of conversations. This subject is to be discussed mo
re thoroughly in a future
meeting.

It was agreed that the website passwords for Council and Officers will remain the
same.



11

Date of next meeting:

To be confirmed via email.