I.Call to order II.Quorum Roll call III.Appointments and confirmations IV.Unit Director Reports a.CCE

hystericalcoolΚινητά – Ασύρματες Τεχνολογίες

10 Δεκ 2013 (πριν από 3 χρόνια και 8 μήνες)

82 εμφανίσεις

ASUCD

SENATE AGENDA May 9, 2013

I.

Call to order

II.

Quorum Roll call

III.

Appointments and confirmations

IV.

Unit Director Reports

a.

CCE

This is my last unit report. Tanzi will take over for director next year. We just finished
interviews for staff like twenty minutes ago, but
we’re

looking to provide a stipend for
individuals

for some coalition. Most recently 2 weeks ago, we
held

a conv
ergence in
Berkeley and were able to
subsidize
. We really rec if you’re interested in
sustainability

to attend these
convergence

at some point. Otherwise, we are working with creative
media to revamp our website. We’re f
ixing it up and it looks really,
really good and
we’re debuting really soon. We worked with Epic and
helped

them table in the quad.
It’s

every
Wednesday in H
utchinson and rec to see us onc
e just to see what were about.
This last week we co put it on with
ASUCD

and had a presentation on
indigenous

sustainability. Would have been cool if
you

had come. Fortunately we have a poster
event that’s up in the
cultural

center for the next
month
.
Indigenous

people and
climate…..Plastic pollution in the ocean. We have
an

agricultural
sustainabil
ity

panel
next Wednesday. Check it out. Action
research

teams…
food

recovery network,
bee….reroutes uneaten food to food kitchens and low income kitchens. We’ve been
really lucky with the funding 2150 with GO green. Very interdisciplinary. Another thing

I mentioned is the compostable program. We buy compostable cups…..and make them
available to any
student

organization. Plastic forks are really bad,
ASUCD
. We have
them in the o
ffice and you can order them on

your website. If we’re not a zero waste
or
g then we shouldn’t call ourselves one.
Otherwise
, our red cup
clean
-
up program is
pretty neat. We will pick up red solo cups and we can divert 2 cents from a cup. If
ASUCD

were to collectively collect red cups, you can take that two cents from that cup

and donate it to any charity. That adds up
really

quickly, so it’s a cool thing to keep in
mi
nd…..green certified. Last PSA,
the resident garden has lots of sunflower starks, so if
you want
sunflowers
, you can come pick them up. They’re beautiful. Any

questions?


Bottoms: when can we get the sunflowers?
Its

mother

s day

this Sunday.


Tanzi: check the f
ace
b
ook

for office hours


Thomas: sustainability next wed.
C
an you please
provide more info
?


Tanzi: Hutchin
son 3
-
5 pm. Have rep from student farm…and some
professors
. Good
Q&A session


Wonders: can you talk about expanding the red cup program
?

Tanzi: first year it was under SCE
. It’s got its own logo now and a
Facebook

page. So
a
good way to get a hold of t
hem. We try to get a drop off system. People don’t really
want to bring them
during

the week, but the girls will pick them up from you. We’re
hoping to attain a
more

reliable vehicle to pick up the cups other than their own. Both
looking to be involved
next year and we’re hoping to expand
to more individual
students ra
ther than

just fraternities
. Only sigma nu has a sustainability chair. Having
someone
responsible

for that would be
really

great. We’ve been doing a lot of
flier
-
ing
.
But we’re trying to

get individuals to become more
proactive
.


Wonders: are we getting the forks back?


Tanzi: no they’re
confiscated
. Once they get food on it, you can’t recycle them anymore


Ong: I want to let you know I’m working with lobby corp
s

right now and seeing i
f we can
do zipcar
to

something contract, and I’ll reach out to you and
let

you know


Evans: please do not steal more silverware


Bottoms: do they get reimbursed?


Tanzi: no


Bottoms: we’ll talk. We can work on that.


b.

Creative media

Peter: programmer

Kimmy: marketing


JJ:

In case you guys didn’t know, creative media is made of three subsets: marketing,
programming, graphics


one of the visions is to unify all the units in USUCD. As you
know we have many units
, and
we
’ve

noticed that each unit has been

an individual
rather

than representing
ASUCD

as a whole
and the other way as well.


Kimmy
: we talked to the streets and surveyed

students

one on one

about what they
think of when ASUCD
. These were some of the things the people said.
Government,
senate,
exec…d
oesn’t know about Unitrans….


So basically what marketing does is we satisfy two nee
d
s for

this. Graphics
and
programming
team have really good work but they
also

take on marketing
responsibilities
. And it lags effi
ciency. So we talk to you guys a
bout
what you guys want
and then we streamline it to the programming and graphics. So we will satisfy
two

needs: help unify
ASUCD

in general, and streamlining the process by distilling the work
at a more efficient
pace

to programming and graphics. So our

vision is to make
ASUCD

recognizable

to students even when they’re not on campus. We figured
ASUCD

needs a
slogan
.
We

took it to the students and let the students decide.
We gave them many,
many options and half of them went with ASUCD for aggies, by aggies.
On a larger scale,
our vision is to have that logo with every single poster you see in the MU,
Coho
,
dorms…it should be represented everywhere on campus because we sup
ply resources.
We will make it so that everyone comes back right here if
they

need something.


Graphics: aggie 5k.
We

only had 2 weeks. So we did a tally for about twenty two hours
to turn around the campaign….
I

brought a book for the chancellor. So she
has a bunch
of
distinguish

speakers and we’ve documented these speeches and it’s given. Only 50
copies have been made.


Kimmy: it seems that lots of units are dissociated with the units itself. We realize
there’s so much we can do in general to get feedb
ack from the students. So we’ll
continue doing surveys from before and hoping get students get more involved and in
general reach more students.


We’re also trying to unify all the units within
ASUCD
.
For example, we want monthly
newsletters.
Be able
to inform each other about what each
unit

have to offer. So we
can encourage more unity and relationships


Graphics: we made some copies

of the annual report.
Collected all the data revenue
and highlighted the
strengths

of every unit.
The top right, the
re is whole earth festival,
and this hasn’t been put up yet, but we created a final banner to represent ASCUD to
put into the MU.
We’ve been working on that forever. Here’s a
close
-
up
. For
elections…showed a picture. We created some
T
-
shirts

that were
given out. And a lot
of times units come to us asking us to promote their causes and events and I heard a lot
of details about this but I feel like these are far more approachable compared to a times
new roman word document.
And not only that though, we
also work on website
interfaces and we work closely with the programming side…and this is extremely clean
and minimal.
It makes us stand out.
Janice

worked on this for their new website.
So
just getting word out about our unit in a much more energetic wa
y.
Right now we’re
working on an aggie mobile app


Programming guy: a professor and a group of students run it and whenever something
breaks down, they email us. So to make it easier for everyone, we’ll do
these

ourselves.
This would be a good way to fi
nd course listings….and we also have a
KDVS

stream. The
12 of you out there, there’s an app for you right there. This is how we visualize our
home page….and as well as be able to find them rather quickly to find your current
location.
And most important
ly with Unitrans, it'll tell

you nearest bus stop and which
line to take. Also we’re working on Aggie traditions. Initially it was a book concept, and
we created an app for the alumni center. Idea is that it’s a nice app
especially

from the
graphics sta
nd point. Yeah so this is actually on the app store right now. If you look at
Gunrock
. You can take pictures and stalk the UC
Davis

experience.


What happens when you complete all the traditions?


I heard you get a medallion.


Elections…..
I

was hoping a

lot of people voted
through

his system. We saw a large
increase in people who voted. So this is how it
looks

on a normal computer screen.


JJ: peter and
kim

are pretty modest. Creative media has the greatest graphics and
programming team. And we’re a

unit in
ASUCD
. And
it’s

our job to make sure other
units look good too. Graphics and programming team get poured with jobs and having
marketing there it really ties it together and organizes it so that everything has a fast
turn out. We’re also trying
to further expand our offerings to
everything
.
Communication and
affairs

office and
further

promoting through press releases so it
extends into
Davis

community
. Fall quarter, everyone will have the mobile
app

that
we’re going to have and we’ll see someth
ing everywhere.


Bottoms:
thank you
.


Figueroa: for the mobile app, will it be available both ios and android


Programming guy: focusing on ios but will have it for android


Figueroa: first presentation in a while where we feel school spirited. I really
want to
thank you for this uplifting presentation


Burke: are you guys working with Unitrans and
incorporating

their busses into your app?


Programming guy: so if the bus is behind they’ll actually notify you.


Burke: that’s fantastic. I really like the p
resentation. I wonder if creative media did that
for them, and then I saw the agenda and felt real stupid


Nonga: how effective have your online surveys be as far as yielding responses


Kimmy: 400 responses in a week or two. Email blasts,
Facebook

page,
twitter. If we had
more time, it’s hard to say how much feedback.


JJ: It essentially came from two days and one email blast.


Nonga: what kind of strategies are you using as far as your marketing?


On long term,
we're
….each quarter we’ll do research to

gage and evaluate each event so
we can amend and improve events each year. And then other than that we’re also
doing internal unifying by releasing newsletters. So everyone can see we’re doing
something
every week
.


JJ: also tightening communication be
tween unit directors.


Nonga: as far as reaching out to the larger student community?


Online media through talking and evaluations through each unit. More promotions that
reach out to a bigger audience.


Xiong: motion to extend time for 10 minutes


Xio
ng: question already have been answered but I was also wondering for aggie
traditions do you have community specific graduations


Bottoms: we’re working with the alumni student
association

about that.
I’m

not sure if
cultural days are on that either


Sagala: were there any talk about prioritizing about more
underrepresented

units like
restore and pantry.


Creative media:
Actually

we have talked to them and talked to the PR and publicist and
they actually
mentioned

stores
like that
.
We’re

going to si
t down and plan how we can
further report them.


Sagala: how’d you do the one on one survey?


Creative Media:
We just went out to the quad and had a form and everything and got a
wide variety and range of students


Sagala: what were the other slogans?


Creative Media:
The survey’s still out there. Go take the survey.


c.


The Aggie

The double homicide was great practice for breaking news. Fair warning, I’m predicting
a deficit for next year. If you know we project making money, and every year, we don’t
re
ally make money. So I’m really working on a realistic budget. We’ve done a lot of
layoffs our salary costs are going to 65 to 35. And we are bringing a position back from 3
years ago. Managing media….otherwise, media board met a few times and a new edit
or
in chief. Elizabeth. You may know her from the aggie and her column every Thursday.
She’s been the arts editor.
If you have any questions for either of us, thank you.


Bottoms: how’d you determine Thursday as the release day?


Janelle
: we’re doing a

double drop now. We drop on Thursdays and on Mondays.


Bottoms: people think at the end of the week it’s a bit old so they don’t read the whole
thing


Nonga: how aggressively are you marketing the online site and some people might not
know the
transition?


Janelle
: if you look at the Aggie we advertise it.
Also we have it on twitter and Facebook
and tumblr and so on.


d.


AGGIE REUSE

Kristie: our entire store is supplied by donations, and our goal is to establish a constant
donation source. Student housing.

Students can drop off their stuff and someone from
facilities will donate it to us every month. We’ve also established with the MU lost and
found. They supply a lot of stuff for us. We try to have donation drives twice a month,
but in total since
Dec

w
e’ve diverted 642 pounds from the landfill. For sales and
customer traffic. We’ve exceeded sales by 1800 dollars. We’re at 4900 right now. We
make 20
-
30 a day and we’re only opened 3 hours and everything in our store is like a
penny. Now we’re keeping
track of traffic and average 40
-
50 people a day. Hopefully in
the future we can extend our hours. That’s the biggest issue. We’ve participated in
something festival. We’ve also worked with
Camille

and we’ve
collaborated

and worked
with
Girl Scout

troop

and taught them
sustainability
. We worked with education…..they
got a tour of our store. Health and wellness fair. Another craft thing ad something
we’ve been doing since last year was worked with sustainability class. Students create a
display to emph
asize sustainability more. We also participated in earth day and we
stayed open longer for picnic day. Made $80 which is
pretty

good for us. Whole Earth
festival is tomorrow and we’re planning to table there as well. We hope to add three
more positions
. Two
co
-
store

managers. Hopefully extend hours from 11
-
4. A
n
d add a
summer store manager position to keep
store

open. Stude
n
t consignment a bit more.
If
they

want to make something, they can sell it to the store. They keep 80% of the sale.
Also I h
ad an idea to showcase student work and it can function as a mini
-
museum. Also
contacted creative display and …. And I think that’s it.


Bottoms: can you go over your new storage space?


Kristie:
We moved into 23 lower freeborn. We did have to downsize q
uite a bit. Me and
Melanie moved everything ourselves. Limiting what we take in now but it’s working
really

well, it’s functioning. It’s a little cluttered but
it’s

going okay


Sagala: I know I’ve met with the bike barn and I know the
re’s a lot of talk
about Aggie
R
estore relocating.


Kristie:
That’s one of my biggest concern
s
. I thought we would get the entire old space,
but that may not be a possibility but ideally we like to stay in the MU and we want to
appeal to everyone. The idea of moving out t
o the silo was to appeal to the craft center
people
but they’ll come with us anyway


Bottoms: we’re still working that out. Thinking

about giving them more space but t
hey’ll
get a lot of
loft case

so their storage would be ….



e.


REFRIDGERATOR SERVICES

share warehouse space with
C
al aggie camp. For the most part this unit is doing well
financially. Some line items that are over drafted. 24000 expenses. We’ve saved some
5000 from being spent. Subsidy much higher than projected in budget. Any question
s?


Evans:
what’s

your plan to build out a comprehens
ive one?


We

have a count, but not for each individual model. I don’t
really

see the point for each
of the models because they

re exactly the same. There’s not much difference.


Evans:
Do you have an

exact replacement time frame for each fridge?


No.
But

if you’re requesting time…
I have inventory for that.
How do we seem to
replace each unit
….
but it seems like
something

we need to work
on?


Cano: so refrige
rator magnets to advertise
ASUCD
. What are
your plans on the bill to
happen?


If a new unit director is interested, I can advise him on that.


Thomas: thank you for coming out here.


Eddie: if the money is never spent, is there a need for another senate bill.


Senator: Current

practice is yes.


Bo
ttoms
: thank you so much for coming E
ddie.


V.

Committee Reports

Scholarship committee is reviewing applicants now. We’re going to be picking our
applicants

to interview and will interview in the next two weeks. May 30
th

Thursday in
Griffin Lounge
Champaign

Award


Thomas: URSAC was this Tuesday and we talked about a lot of things. Defer to Kappes


Kappes: remodeling the third floor. Long discussion about how much space creative media
should take up. Someone wants a room. Courts
would

have a room with elec
tions
committee.

Lot of units talking about space


Thomas: you see these two pillars right there, they’ll be in the middle of a giant open
space….for people to hang out……


Evans: great space for social aspects and group aspects where this might be a creat
ive media
space. This pillar can’t be moved
. I
t’s structural


Thomas: move lots of units to third floor. Put the equivalent of neon signs on every door
and we can
actually

decorate the third floor now. Super accessible


Figuer
o
a: didn’t go to
ROCC
. They
’re considering looking at divestment…something about
letter of support. Idk if
they

discussed

it this past week. Also there’s going to be a unity ball
and there’s going to be more info on that.
ASUCD

formal kinda maybe? Or not


Bottoms: I forgot two thi
ngs. I said I’m the chair of the student city lays commission.
Working on renter's rights.
Apparently the committee used to exist and they did nothing.
Working on 20/20 initiative and making international students more accessible to
downtown. Second:
Unitrans advisory committee talked about all the new bus lines and
they’re all approved. We have to get it approved by the city as well.


Wonders: some of the night lines are expanding…#yoloswag


Evans: hiring today. Talking about direction we’re going. M
ore as we have developments but
until that we’re still in the planning phase. I can fully brief you later, girl.


Cano: I was chair over the committee and we did do stuff. And I can
brief you

on what we
did if you email me.


VI.

Presentations

VII.

Public
announcements

Ong: experimental college is going to be tie dying tanks at whole earth and will sell them as
a fundraiser. They’re tabling this week at the quad, feel free to stop by. On the 30
th

or 31
st

they will have a concert to publicize their delta V
fundraiser


Han:
ASUCD

formal is coming up. All the info is here.


Bottoms: please don’t post that because it’s unofficial


Sahota:
ASUCD

the pantry was awarded with an outstanding community service award
today.


Figueroa: so AB
-
5
40 AWAREness week.

Be m
ore aware of this community and
there is

a
game night and better life movie screening. And the people or
ganizing and
sharing.
T
his
event may 14
th

-
17
th

diff locations


This Friday with a craft at noon. And also it goes until next Friday
. Lots of stuff an
d there’s a
F
acebook event called reproductive justice event.


Thoma
s: Davis is recognized as the #1 agricultural school in the world


Bottoms: our office is working on a new aggies traditions. Ride a Unitrans bus. Candy bus
like cash cab. Come talk to
our office if you’re interested.
Davis neighbor night out.
It’s
very open and
gets

to know your neighbors and stuff like that


Karahn:
There

s a meeting tis Saturday from noon to four. I sent an email to the senate. You
don’t have to be there the entire

time, but I’ll appreciate if senators will come to the event.
Speakers. Adam. They will do the lobby training portion and we can talk about the bill
package so kinda get an idea of the different


VIII.

Status of Legislation Previously Passed


It all passed


IX.

Introduction of New Legislation

First one is authored and introduced by Thomas. Incorporate a consent agenda. To IAC. A
consent agenda means you can put noncontroversial bill on the agenda with one motion.
For example if
there’s

30 lobby
corps,

they can pu
t it in one and pass it together.


Condemn

UC

campus wide smoking thing. Goes to epic
.


Kappes
,
Tran
, kappes. Allocate 3000

to purch
ase video cameras to tipsy taxi


X.

Consideration of Old Legislation

a.

CA #34 McManus

b.

SB #90 Cano

c.

SB #92 Kasiwal

d.

SB #93 Cano

e.

SB
#94 Sagala

A
uthors comments: it was re
-
re
fe
r
red to BnF after a lengthy discussion last Thursday.
Under the impression to reanalyze the bill after the reduced amount. It was a lot of
discussion that didn’t pertain to the bill but something we expect to ha
ve during budget
hearings. But in the context of this bill I can give you the
breakdown

of the $1300 and I
have a lot of extra information that I tried to collect in less than 24 hours. I found a cool
something from 2003. These are some discussions that

don’t exactly pertain to the
nature of the bill. With that said, I’m open to any questions


BnF: as
re
-
referred

back to BnF for very specific questions. First of all,
Cal

aggie camp
and the …. Under those we voted in favor. If you want I can elaborate
further but I want
to keep my comments short.


Diaz
-
Ordaz
: same as last week.


Question in Text


Public discussion


Schaeffer: BnF discussion was really complicated. So the reason why I didn’t want to say
it was because it’s
really

complex. So I’ll try to

do as
much
. BnF wanted this to pass.
But the question is we don’t hand out money to random students. Rather students
come to us. How do you demonstrate need? The way you do is simple. You say you’re
spending…..black grad came in with very specific nu
mbers. Last year’s budget or in
terms of quotes. And then you bring the numbers to BnF. And you have to show that
you’re bringing in money. Some people on BnF didn’t feel like they have the numbers.
The problem with these numbers is they’re not quotes

or historical. Additionally
there’s

no mention of how much income is brought in. BnF want to see those numbers because
in order to show need. The problem is they weren’t informed they needed this info. So
the question is should we punish this generati
on for miscommunication from last
generation to this generation. Budget
hearings

to make sure this problem won’t happen
again.


Wonders: would you like to reference SB 89


Nonga: deferred


Schaeffer: reading of SB 89. Senate reserves should not be used….a
nnual budget……this
was over a larger debate.


Nonga: I thought the reason was for the actuals and


Schaeffer: I think I should point out that and this is extremely disappointing to me. Can
someone please explain it to
me?

3 of the people in affirmation
spoke to me said they
voted the wrong way……there are many commissioners who disagree with me.


Nonga: I really thought that’s why. Do we need to spell out every single thing you need
to look at? Can

you do your job ad think holistically? And if senate d
idn’t’ say it then that
doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it into consideration


Sagala: questions about telling the quote for the line items. A lot of things they
haven’t

purchased it yet. There are so many issues. And we had a long discussion with the
p
lanning committees and they’re going to have…the only reason they came up is
because SB 89 was supposed to give them enough money. Which is why we’re back
here. And I thought the
re
-
referring
….was to confirm….I feel an anxiety in presenting
numbers….why
did the budget go from 1900 to 1700 because smaller audience. It’s such
a minute amount that I feel it’s unnecessary….it’s just the general idea that you’re giving
an average of $180….


Burke: so what’s admin giving?


Sagala: the $3800 admin will give, but

this money no


Sagala: students were going forward with the process …. Not under the
impression…..admin stepped in with the 3800, and the 1300 is the last piece of the
puzzle


Krissy: does anyone want a deferment? Well okay um going off what Alyson said.

It’s
difficult to get actual numbers. For
Fil

grad we haven’t gotten the invoice from freeborn
hall, but we have estimates from last years. Our budgets are created on actual numbers
because

we’ve been doing it for almost 25 years. I think it’s safe to
say we do know
what we’re doing and we do budget them off historical amounts. And I do apologize
that these numbers weren’t given to
budgets beforehand
. One point I do want to make
as you start going into budget hearings is you all work a lot closer with

admin than we
do. Please encourage them to have a greater role in supporting these graduations. And
I do encourage
creating

8 separate line items for these graduations because they only
go to the CCC AND LR and we have to fill out applications. That’s w
hy last year
lavender

grad didn’t want to ask for that money. Because why should we have to apply another
grant and we have to apply to get the money
back. I highly recommend creating 8
separate line items that go into the departments…


Bottoms: I just wa
nted to clarify that we haven’t done it separately because we didn’t
want to politicalize it.
We heard recently that it’d be nice if it were under something
else. We’re talking about making it under student affairs. And our proposed budget
under one lump

under student
affairs

rather than CCC


Schaeffer: historical …..
Right

now we’re looking at funding all the grad. What used to
happen is that every single event had to write
its

own for money. One spending bill to
one event. So historical
precedence

sh
ifted with
Jared’s

bill. I just wanted to clarify that
history. As with your specific proposal, I totally understand. It will increase the
politicalized process. Is it
proportional

to how many people walk……increase money to
club
finance?

Senate can for
ce them to do so….and puts it in the hand over
administration……


Evans: ……


Schaeffer: senate can overrule that decision because we give them your money


Krissy: to address your concern about politicizing it even more,
well

first of all if we
spate the lin
e items then each one would have to debate separately. That
won’t

happen
if
it

were a grant and we had
the

appropriate money based on ….


Evans: there’s always a scarcity of funds


Sagala: we’re saying that we don’t want to politicize the process
before

bu
t if you want
each individual budget, then you’re already trying
to access

each individual one.
There’s not enough money, but I understand. 4000 for 8 separate events is outrageous.
We need to support other things over others.
Grants are

part of our bu
dget and it’s just
as much part of our budget. MOU is that we would fund cultural
events.


Schaefer: point of clarification it’s under cultural days…


Sagala: these are
conversations

during budget hearings.


K
ri
ssy: damn no one wants my defer
ments


Evans: 3270 left. If a 1300
were to pass, we’d have 1097?? l
eft which is a dangerous
amount to be toying with. I think we need to be careful with what we’re doing with our
senate reserves
especially

given past notes....part of the concern I’m having as we
ll is
that it looks like the total costs

of these graduations is really,
really high. I don’t know
where the rest of the money is coming from if
it’s

not
ASUCD


Sagala: the issue is where we’re getting other funding.
Its

cause not everything is
confirmed
. This is very rough. And this is the list of org they get grants. Income
vs.

expenses and that we are filling that gap. But in the
meantime

as far as proving
that

they need 100 for….


Evans: I don’t wa
n
t to see receipts or whatever I just want to see
the difference. But I
don’t see that. If we’d close the gap or what not


Wonders: I want to clarify with Alyson. I
heard

1910?


Sagala: a lot of people contested to that
amount

and wanted it to be more. The need
that was assessed with
Steven

and other
reps was 5100 and we were able to procure
3800 and this is just the difference


Wonders: I feel frustrated and
screwed over. I didn’t get what I was looking for. 1900 is
a little.


Sagala: I don’t want people bashing BnF about this. Miscommunication. H
aving this
much info seems
unrealistic

in my personal
opinion
. 1900
something

about 2500 excess.
The general impression is that our job is to make sure BnF guards senate reserves. But
its’
really

to be spent on senate projects. Because we choose to supp
ort this event. I
don’t believe that 1900.
Especially

with what happened at
Cal

aggie camp. I don’t see
why you want to vote no on that reason alone.


Wonders: I was more referring about the voting one way when they meant another


Schaeffer: I want to rei
terate that. I appreciate the defense but specifically that I think
BnF failed and I apologize
for that
. Even if they did know in advance, which they didn’t.
the way they fund it is really complex. Each separate one has a
separate

planning

committee. T
his is why ach
separate

one had a
separate

bill. One grad, one bill. I want
to move this debate forward. I don’t think that it has been proven that this money is
needed. It could be needed but hasn’t’. they have to go through complicated process
to get

those numbers and we won’t get them this meeting. If you want to go on a leap
then go for it but if you’re uncomfortable with it then vote no


Evans: is it safe to do bad finance today?


Schaeffer: I think it’s a mistake on their part. Some of my commis
sioners disagree with
me.
So it’s my opinion versus some of my other commissioners.


Evans: it sounds like if we had more time we woul
dn’t be in this messy situation


King
: I see a lot of new faces.
I’m

the cochair for black grad 2013. I want to address
a
few things. I keep
hearing

that

the grads before had
separate

bills

so you
dealt

with
people individually. I understand that but I thought this would be easier because
everyone knows this is something we all put on. And came in a compromise and put
some
thing before you. We all believe in this and put effort. We were very forthright
with you all. You don’t even put that kind of consideration and I find that a little
offensive
. But even if we did do it
separately

we’ll be asking for the same amount of
money so either way you’d still have 1900 in your reserves. It
doesn’t

matter

if you
give

it to us in a group or if you negotiate it with us one on one. What
you’re

asking

for is
something you want to look at, I could give it to you right now but I want
to emphasize
this isn’t
unique

to us. Tis
somewhat

rep of what the other grads are going for. Also we
have…….
I

hope this budget is good enough to give the graduations enough money.
We’re all getting 150 each. It’s plain and simple. Money is needed and my grad is
coming up. This isn’t purely selfish because I made some awesome third and second
years and I don’t

want them dong this either. They’re my babies I want to take care for
them. If you want I have them right here.


Watson: so first I’m going to let Alyson speak on a deferment


Sagala: This is all the info I could get in less than 24 hours. I tried my be
st. Thank you
for everyone. This again is very tentative. Half of them are 2013 and
half

2012. I don’t
have
lavender

grads. The mismatch of information is nice because…it’s very incomplete
because of all the work that goes in throughout the year.
I ho
pe this satisfies some of
your questions.
Lesson learned that I am a very trusting person. That’s why I need
people like Ryan and Evans.


Kriti
: referencing student color conference is not an okay reference. I only had 2 line
items

so just pointing out

it’s not a fair comparison to make and
let’s

not make it again


These people came and asked for this thing, why can’t you give those people that thing.

Public: those conferences usually have a set cap but for ethnic grad it varies every year
and so we can’t
get

an exact quote.
We can use past data, cause it’s kind of consistent.
But
exact quotes are

extremely difficult. Keep in mind if we give you the
quotes of
things we need with the funding…….


Mariah: that’s a delegation that you’re sending. You don’t really pay for this to th
at
extent. Stop bringing up Soc. I
t

s supposed to be factual.


Figueroa: I will divide the house in a bit. I don’t understa
nd and I don’t hear opposition
that makes sense. Not to be malicious, but around 2000 is inefficient to have for the
next

four weeks. Me and a random blonde person
think

it’s enough to sustain for four
weeks. Just don’t buy a tent or stickers.


Evans:

in the past four years, we’ve never dropped under 2000.


Figueroa: okay well we can do it. I understand BnF goes under this in scrutiny. The
scrutiny was already given last year during budget hearings and this year and every year.
The only time we had
all the numbers was when the

conference was literally 5 hours
away, which is why we
have

all the numbers. Just invest yourself.


Wonders: we want some detailed specifics, and then when that’s asked for is that well
we
can’t

get that it’s too difficult you

need to trust us. And also in the past we don’t
need to do that. In most/all circumstances it’s expected they bring a detail expense
report. I don’t think it’s an excuse that’s
its

difficult.
I’m

not a
particularly

trusting
person but financially I do
n’t think
it’s

responsible.


Figueroa: we can provide the numbers, but its
really

convoluted


Topf: just a reason why I’m abstaining is because it comes up always this time of the
year


Sagala: I think the biggest issue is why quotes aren’t accurate or why

it’s late. It’s an
event that happens at the end of the year that changes throughout the year. We can’t
change that. The events are the way they are and are all inclusive. There’s a lot of
criticism

why can’t it have this perfect quote because the bud
get is evolving constantly.
We’re not asking you to pay or all that. When is the need
realized?

We realize that over
time and our fundraising didn’t do as well as
expected
. If the sufficient amount is given
during budget hearings, then this wouldn’t b
e an issue. SB89.
Only 4000 which is way,
way not enough.
And it was something I tried to avoid, but it didn’t work out as
planned.


Topf: so you know the budget is always changing for these events. I’m just
trying

to see
why

this is always happening. Ho
w do we know what’s sufficient then.


Sagala: there have been a general movement that’s let’s start auditing all the grants.
But that’s something that
previous

year’s controller never got around doing. We need
to sit down and look at the actual numbers a
nd
we can with cooperation and I think
previous proponents was what is compromise? If I wanna find that compromise, I am
willing to sit down to access the need that should be in the budget so this won’t happen
again. If you look at it ….. then there would

be no room for complaints if
ASUCD

gave
10000 like in 2012.


Evans: we were able to look at reserve balances and allocated reserves from
nonfunctional ….it was such a
circumstantial
…..departmental funding started coming
through….work with CFC….


Kapir: th
is is the third time I’ve seen this happen. And it really saddens me that this is
what’s dividing
ASUCD

every year. There are a lot more issues we could be addressing.
I don’t relay understand the people who are voting no.


Ong: as I
mentioned

last we
ek, if we have 5000 then of course I’d be open to this. We
don’t know when tipsy taxi….


Kapur
: we have 4 weeks left


Schaeffer
: we’d be leaving 1900 we have 3300.


Kapur
: I like people to get on the list and explain their no on this.


Diaz
-
Ordaz: I agr
ee with the
previous

speaker. I’ve heard this for years….former senator
Darwin,
Rebecca…

They all used them. I don’t know I feel like it’s just a tactic of
derailment. I don’t see this as valid


Wonders: I guess you can put me on this list


Public: so if
the historical amount in the reserves is 2000 then would it help if I say ill
fundraise 100 so you
don't

have to worry about being historically weird or whatever


Diaz
-
Ordaz: it’s just so taxing on students…….


Wonders: I think the logic behind voting no o
n this bill is
really

sound. It’s just a
recurring
argument

between
ASUCD
. I feel uncomfortable voting yes because specific
funding

for this bill has not been provided and cannot be provided. There are plans of
actions that can be taken account for this…and it’s just
irresponsible

and it sounds mean
but it’s just financially unresponsible


Nonga: accurate numbers cannot be given. You

won’t get them. You can get them after
the grad, so basically you accept to fund it or you
don’t

accept to fund it. That’s
basically it. Cause you won’t get the numbers. It’s either you fund them or not


Wonders: I don’t think we need a to
-
the
-
cent va
lue, but they aren’t even remotely
accurate.
Put an extra line time, like people signed up late.


Schaeffer: that’s fantastic information. Right now you have 5
-
10 minutes to look at it
behind the senate table. Those numbers need to compare it to this nu
mbers.


Kapur
: BnF didn’t have any of these?!?


Sagala: …you’re
giving

each of them an average of 150. Budget hearings….after the
events we’d have exact receipts and we’d be able to access it later….and that’s
something we need to talk to this about with
admin. People don’t think it’s a priority
for
ASUCD

and should be as important as our units


Figueroa: the most irresponsible thing is that they only used 1000 and we get that
money back. That’s like the
worst case

scenario. And these students are so empowered
by
walking on stage. The downside
…..rather than it just sitting in our budget waiting to
see if we need to spend it. Trust me, it’s not financially responsible. If this money, if we
were given an inaccurate

that doesn’t mean we’re irresponsible.


Kapur
: please explain your no vote


Burke:

Only one ….the tents not relevant and also came from
capital

reserves? That’s
what’s going to solve the great divide. Talking to administration. As far as this stands,
I’
m not sold on it


Steve: Hello everyone, I’m
Steve
. So I’ve been here since 7 and four hours. This talk of
money and politics is kinda confusing but I’m sure you all do so I’ll leave it at that. I
want to let you know how big these ethnic graduations ar
e
these
. These are students
who are the first in their families who graduate from college. It’s a huge achievement.
And this ethnic and lavender graduation is the time for us to have the people we want
to be there be there for us and recognize all the s
truggles we’ve been through from UC
Davis
. I’m fighting for that. To have that during my graduation next year.


Public: my thing is why are we doing now when it is an annual event? Tbh I
wasn’t

appointed this position until this winter and we had a new

advisor. So that takes time
and a minute before we need to figure out. The only thing we need to figure out is
entertainment. I take offense to
that when

you say that we’re financially irresponsible.
On top of that I’m still dealing with this as a stu
dent too. I’m

______ a bunch of stuff. Anyway I have a lot of hats on campus and I’m busting my ass
to make this shit work. I’d really appreciate it if you sympathize with me for a second.
I’m only asking for $150 because we did put. 150 would go to
option a and c which
means there will be money left over. And I’ll be sure to let you know…and I’ll send you
like the $10 back. And also black grad. I did receive an email….went into spam….there
were communication errors, but we still managed to put some
thing together in front of
you


Thomas: first of all I’d like to thank you for the story you shared
but

I’d like to say that
this isn’t effective. We won’t win the no votes with emotional appeal. We can pass this
by convincing them that this is better th
an not doing there. We also need to suspend
the bylaws before we pass this bill. Blackgrad gave us quotes, and I was very satisfied. I
would like to propose it to give all this to black grad and have them distribute it to the
other grads.


Steve: I have

a slight problem with that because we did this budget in solidarity with the
other grads. I want all of this to go, or none of it. I know these people, and I know they
have worked hard. I have full confidence that they have done their work also.


Cano:

cool so um while I like these discussions, it’s gone to a different direction. It’s not
productive.
Let’s

talk about the history of this bill. It’s been introduced with 5100. And
then 3800
were

covered by admin. Last week, no one objects the merits of
the bill. And
part of
ASUCD

wanted to help. And the executives and Alyson winded up
getting

the
3800…..those budgets are really detailed. As far as the dangerously low thing, we have
8000 we have just floating around that we can inject into our reserves.

Technically we
have 11000 we can be playing around with.


Schaeffer: I do want to clarify what kabir brought up.
First of all, no one is saying that
anyone is financially unresponsible.
It’s demonstrating need. Its’ a procedural
argument….you either f
ind it persuasive, or you don’t……..these are arguments are old.
What that goes to demonstrate is that we’ve been backed up behind this deadline. I as
a person this bill should pass. The bill should be called
into

question.


Krissy:
so as I have introd
uced myself before, I’m part of the retention recruitment
committee. We offer grants. I know how to look at a grant or budget. I don’t think it’s
unreasonable to ask for specific quotes and budgets. And it’s within your right in having
been provided those

grants. But I think we’ve demonstrated the need. Look on the last
page…..we hoped to get them from participation fees….there is obviously a need for
$150. I really don’t know how else to convince you. It’s really logically presented now
at this point
and although I
apologize

it wasn’t presented earlier. And that’s all I can say.
What else do you need from these numbers? But it
speaks

for itself and there clearly
shows a need for the funding. That barely
pays

for freeborn. We’re not asking that
much


Nonga: so basically
there’s

3 arguments against this bill. BnF didn’t get accurate
numbers/accurate enough. Even if they were more specific the numbers are changing
and it wouldn’t be a final amount. There’s a worry that we’re funding too much in these
g
raduations, and the money will come back. Number three is senate reserves and that
is the only one that I kind of agree. Personally I believe that we do have enough money.
Because if it’s an unforeseen expense then it’s unforeseen. If we were to go und
er red,
do we have any way to address
that?


Evans: to address the senate reserves going under red. The way we can cover that is to
overdraft a unit and cover that through capital reserves. That’s like a last stop check
that’s in place for only of the mo
st dire emergencies. That’s
really

what we should be
using this fund for. These
Cal

aggie style changes…..there aren’t options to deal with
that without diving into
murky

waters


Krissy: want to express the urgency of this bill. If this bill isn’t passe
d, I don’t know how
to get this $150. I really think you should pass it


Nonga: I went down the list of everything I heard. Anything else? I want to hear
someone say why they’re voting no.


Ong: I’m really glad these budgets came to us. I don’t understan
d the need for this and
the numbers don’t really match up. I was told I could read it hold on…..


Nonga: just to reiterate once again, any extra money would be returned into senate
reserves. Whether it works out or not, we’ll get our money back. If it
doesn’t then the
concern is that we won’t have enough money in senate reserves


Sagala: ….your wording that really differently than what I heard.
I believe
Carly

was told
the
number

changed….because in fundraise…he believed the assessment of 5100 is
accur
ate….we
can’t

keep referring back and forth. Admin also doesn’t ask us for a
quote. We need to stop quoting
admin...
I

think that last week 5100 is too much but
now it won’t go into the red. You’re lying about the merits of the events. That is the
wrong

ideology and it shoul
d be just as much of a priority


Matton
: a lot of points…..if you want to convince the table that some of the
arguments

that we should be addressing are the ones that SOMEONE brought up. Personally, I
believe the
bill

should pass. But as a commissioner, I think it’s like why didn’t it go
through the correct process. …. In order to convince them that the
process

doesn’t
matter, because the numbers are here. We need to convince them to show them that
even though BnF hav
en’t seen them, they are here today. And that’s exactly what
needs to happen


Kapur
: last year Jared did bring a bill earlier because people criticize the numbers
because it was too early in the year. This is a lose
-
lose situation. Year after year


Sagal
a: as of right now, doesn’t matter what numbers. We’re not concerned where
it’s

going. For me it’s what’s left over in senate reserves.
Some

people think
it’s

okay and
some people think it’s not. And I think that’s what it comes down to. And before I
yield…wait it’s not even my floor


Kabir: not having enough in senate reserves….we have at
least

that much left over…but
historically it seems like they’ve always been enough


Thomas: is anyone good at math? 45x12
. That’s

put that money in stipend in the
r
eserves.


Nonga: what’s the
lowest

we’ve had with 4 weeks
left?

If it’s an unforeseen expense
how do we know what’s enough. You
don’t

know what’s a good amount.


Schaeffer: I think that 2000 is more than sufficient. Additionally, if a huge crisis
happe
ns, surgio is correct. We have an over enrollment fund. We have $8000. If there’s
an emergency, then we can use that money.


Evans: I want see that money in senate reserves


Kabir: he
doesn’t

want to put it in. it’s for emergencies.


Lewis
: okay so if e
nough money was allocated in the budget in these grads then it won’t
be happening every year/ so please allocate enough money.
ASUCD

has been
inflexible

before and please don’t make another mistake. And lastly, cgrad is asking for 100 for
you and last ye
ar we granted 120 for a fucking logo. Can we talk about how ridiculous
that is?


Schaeffer: this is an email from Mark
Champagne
. Read a direct quote. “there is indeed
around 1200 that
ASUCD

is using annually…………”


Katie: I have a question for those who
said no. 1. Can you repeat your role in
ASUCD?

2.
What would you use with the 1300 in the next two weeks if you won’t spend it on
students?


Schaeffer
: what we
would

do with that money. That’s the point of the emergency fun.


Topf
: I think the thing is unf
oreseen…in an email
...


Sahota: we don’t actually know. It’s not set in stone. It’s like with the admin. We
shouldn’t rely on other people’s money. For that reason, even at the end of the year if
there’s leftover money. Just because something in the past. My role is to repres
ent the
students and my role is to represent each and
every one

of you. I know it’s not
adequate;

however, I
really

want to work on next
year’s

budget hearings.


Diaz
-
Ordaz: I think
there’s

a huge misunderstanding and….
I

think this arbitrary idea
“omg
I’
m

so scared” and I mean even if we did who cares we’re
spending

it on students.
If it were up to me, I would spend it on the students and senate reserves would
have

0
every year.


Katie: I respect
that yall

speaking as the
devil’s

advocate and such don’t
let fear of the
unknown

dictate your decisions. Sure they aren’t completely
delineated

but the
intentions are clear and it’s there. 600 students x all their families would be
impacted
.


Sagala: shows the numbers on the board. I did my research and I took

my time to sit
down with Kathy. I have to hear things myself from the horse’s mouth. I asked her to
open up the budget from the
over enrollment

fund. 573000 and 639000 leaving us with
66000.
Unused line items is 19000.
66+19=


Evans: it’s based on the pe
rcentage of income to subsidy?


Sagala: 66+10=~85
-
(100)=(
-
15)+ 22000= ~8000 surplus

this aside the argument comes down to we’re trying to hide behind the excuse we need
enough money in the senate reserves. We’re hiding behind excuses.


Cano: we’ve never we
nt to zero and it’ll never go to zero


Evans: I don’t feel anything just yet. This has to load


Mariah: I keep hearing no. we’ve proven we’ve had enough money
. Just please just say
no. We’re disproving your
arguments

every single

time


Eric: looking at th
e last four years, we close around 2000 every single year. So yeah we
do have money we don’t spend every year and it’s just a cushion.


Mariah: this is students we’re spending money on. 25 years of graduation. This isn’t
random this is
something

student
s need and ask for and we keep talking
about

unexpected changes. They function as a unit and have unforeseen funding too.


Wonders: we are already funding $4000 to this cause. This is an additional 1300.


Sagala: this is an outrageous amount to give to 8

events.


Thomas:
ASUCD

is bigger than ethnic grads. The senates voting no….
I

urge to ask
everyone’s whose voting no to take a leap of faith with me. It’s not a big leap it’s like
jumping off the
curb
. Please find some pragmatism in your heart.


Nonga:
can you divide the house first


Kabir: logic is supposed to prevail but let’s try again. You have 2000 left after this
happens. Right now it’s at 3297. Tomorrow something happens. Mark
Champagne

explained it. It’s pure logic. If you’re hiding behind this concern then you just don’t
want the money to go there


Schaeffer: I’m sick of playing devil’s advocate. Now being that said. Here’s an argument
we’re running a deficit. Senators may be conc
erned about the future.


Thomas: motion to public


Lewis
: guess how much they pay. Its $1260. Guess how much this bill is asking for but
for 500 students


Smith: first off all I’m helluh drunk. That’s the only way I can return to this room. This is
the

third fucking year I’ve been here. And it’s so
demeaning
. As a
Filipino

person in a
Filipino

body. I’m mad about this. Yall don’t get it. Because you haven’t
experienced

the experiences that we
experiences
. How many of you guys who have voted no
atten
ded an event. Nobody no
fucking

body. And you wanna know what. I passed this
bill for 10,000. This year is 1000.
Fucking

chump change. This means elections next year
we can say you all are white
supremist

racist. I would say you all suck my dick but yo
u
can’t suck my dick
cause

to suck my dick is an honor and a
privilege
.


Xiong: honestly I can say a lot more shit
but

you all are so
stubborn

and yall were like we
support this. But when it comes down to it, it still comes down to the merit.
You

all
fuc
king fail as senators. I’m so mad. I will be
going

home. So that’s it


Public: I would like for all of you look at me into my beautiful brown eyes that
graduated

across the stage 2 years ago. I watched my sister get the community
award
. I said I’m
going
to cross that stage. I was like a
little Chicana

fucking…not a lot of money. I crossed
that stage because my sister did it. What am I going to tell them next year? I’m sorry
your student reps won’t give you money for this. It’s only 1000 money. But they
refuse
to make this statement…….all those angry brown kids are going to come after you
because you won’t give them the chump change. And
I’m

going home. I wasted my
time coming
here

because

I have to work a real job. Lemme tell you I’m part of the
alumni

association and I know all your names. I know what networking means. You guys
won’t be on a good side


Xiong: Tupac hit
em

up listen to him later. I’m going to fuckin chill


Carla: hello. I’m a recent grad but I actually walked
last

year and didn’t walk t
he big
grad…
I’m

also a transfer student and I just want to say how disappointment I am. I
don’t want to make a huge shit show, even though I have a lot of jokes I could be
busting

right now. I really want to know that a lot of your brains work are not th
e way
that our brains work. It’s important to think critically, but a lot of experiences we didn’t
think critically. This celebration
celebrates

are
souls
…I had to work, I was the first to
graduate. I had to come in
front

f you to beg you for money. And

ultimately it’s my
money….it’s sad that my community did not get $150. And I get it you
need

money
. I
get it. Hopefully
that

$2000 will go to
really

good use like a banner or something. If you
could put the different communities
you didn’t serve on th
e banner that’d be even
better. I’m going to take the rest of my time to think about how fucked up this is.


Linda: I’m really sad that the bill didn’t
get

passed. But if it did get passed, we’d get
$150. If you think about it each
grad would

get

$150……..
three participants can raise
$150 and yall can’t raise that shit…..yall don’t support shit.


This is the second time I sat in this room talking about stuff I care about. You might hear
one thing and it goes the other ear but
I’m

still going to say it.
Believe me or not I was
super excited to meet every one of you.
I pbb got flyers from you even when I was
pooing. I …… and I feel kind of betrayed. And for those who did vote yes then it shows
that you do care.
I’m

just telling you for future references.

Please think about it. If I see
you at an ethnic grad, then imam so no there’s the door.


I think it’s a very specific group of people you had to cry…..


Lewis
: I only have one thing to say. We will see you all at budget hearings. If you
allocate the r
ight
amount

to these grads, then this won’t happen every year. We’ll be
there to watch


Figueroa: I fucking cried and I know some of you depict me as one of those chill
Chicanos

that don’t cry. But that brought me to tears. Those two fucking votes had no

logic behind them. ……. We don’t want to specifically…….. but two people just tw
o
fucking people they voted no have said

I’m going to look into talking to
Evans

about the
budget

about ethnic grads

and then you don’t even logically back up that no. because

you had so much potential and just know my respect for you has died. I’m fucking
leaving….
I

have a cat to fucking feed. This is bullshit. You brought a grown man to
tears. Why can’t you admit you’re a fucking
idiot?

This is bullshit. I challenge you
m
otherfucker to talk to me about it. Yall can’t so …..how are you going to get two more
votes than I
am?

Ya’ll have never fucking…with a brown dick….


Lewis
: I want to commend Alyson for all her hard work.


Watson: no I’m not gonna cry and I’m also not going to yell at you. I just hope that even
though they are yelling and saying a lot of things that make me uncomfortable. I just
hope you’re
really

listening even though it’s intense and aggressive but try to

really
listen. No matter how you voted, it’s done. If they see you in budget
hearings
, well good
luck. They are telling you how marginalized they feel on campus….divest. all we talked
about is how uncomfortable it made people feel. The students and how

they felt was
valued that it was killed in commission. Yes we are funding $4000 and we’re so thankful
for it. But it’s not enough. $4000 isn’t
really

going to cut it. I really do want you to think
about sometime in your own life when you want someone t
o listen to you and throw
you a bone. I saw money. I don’t understand.
Okay they brought you actuals…..wasn’t
enough….we brought you it; it wasn’t enough.
It won’t put you in the red…wasn’t
enough?

Let it sink in. let it
penetrate. Not

with a dick. But
listen. So your personal
story,
oppression

Olympics. You don’t know you haven’t
been

exposed to their
experiences.

Go and
learn

about it. It is warranted. And with that.


Figueroa: I want to apologize the language I used; that language not very cool.
V
ote
penis not fucking cool. But I’m not running for president. Fuck this. This just shows
people change at this table


Sagala: that’s my freshman that’s my intern. Everyone here
has

justified reasons to be
angry, and we are all friends. And ….they took
things under proportion. We hide
behind excuse senate reserves won’t have enough money. Especially
because

we’ll only
meet 3 more times, but what it comes down to is that you don’t believe that our money
shouldn’t benefit just a small
community

of
studen
ts
. But its’ a large very active amount
of
students

that care about what happens. A lot of them aren’t that active, and we
provide for them through Unitrans, bike barn,
Coho
…..on
principle

ASUCD

should be
supportive of these events. ……


Mariah: oh this i
sn’t my community……I voted for
Liam

your platforms were dope.
Despite your color I genuinely thought you cared.


Diaz
-
Ordaz: I like to think
I’m

pretty objective, but no I’m pretty biased but I think
critically through my bias. I think this is all just a
reflection of hahahhaha fine I won’t say
it. This is kind of stupid. This is really. I
was

really upset last year that it went down to
1300. And we have 80 people begging for shit. Those are the standards……tedx here
you go homies no problem. Why? Becau
se most of the people on the event are white.


Smith: every fucking year that I’ve been
here

there
has

been money

in senate reserves.
You took a reserve to invest that money in student body. Not to let it dwindle n stent
reserves. …… Imma make this face
at yall. If you don’t find something better to spend
this money on then yall failed. Congrats this money goes back to doing nothing period.


Norman: I’m not going to yell but I’m very mad. If you missed me last
time

it was
unfortunate. Where do I even

start it’s exhausting. I feel the pain for all. People of color
pass down institutional knowledge; just because you weren’t here physically doesn’t
mean you can’t do your research, you have the recorder’s notes so look at them (ie from
past meetings and b
udget hearings); the pain I feel right now will be manifested into
people who aren’t even in college yet


Eddie Truong: will this money be used? For students? Your job is to do well. It’s
embarrassing

when

we run as a business more than worrying
about

stu
dents. Other
schools. They don’t
need

to beg
for

his. Why do you value profit making
over

students’

lives?

I’ll

take my time to educate you. If you don’t have your phone number I can
email you. I
will

educate you and tell you why I’m pissed off.


Norman: I just want to apologize. These are my babies. They’ve worked hard. It’s
unsporting
. I appreciate everyone’s
who’s

fighting this fight. I want to say we’ll figure
this out. We’re a strong
resilient

community. We’ll thrive like no other with or
without
your support. The longer it
takes;

the uproar is going to be insane. 2000 Normans and a
shitload of
Alysons
. We get it. Figure it out. My struggle is everywhere. We are
everywhere. I’m gone. Who has a
cigarette?


Krissy: so a lot of people ha
ve been talking about why we feel so marginalize. Up until
the 1980s the KKKs exist on campus. Last year at SOC. These aren’t anyone’s fault in
this room but this is why we feel so marginalized. It’s so hard to navigate a system. I
took this from sorr
yweb?
A UCD retention

survey. For the API community only 93%
returned for the second year. Only 87% of the American
Indian

and only 80% black
returned for second year. They dwindled third year. Only 43 native and 26 black. Let
me tell you some more re
cent numbers. The black 2percent………It totals to 61 and
that’s more than half of the population. We don’t have safe spaces but we do create
positive
alumni
. We need
ASUCD

to be supportive. What else can we do together and
bring to budget hearings to allow

you all to give the appropriate amount of
funding
?


Figueroa: for
those

of all who thought I lost credibility
for

o crying, I’m man enough to
cry.


Lisa: I want you all to remember me and you’ll see me again budget hearings. I will do
whatever I can so p
eople don’t have to
come

next year to embarrass and beg money
from you guys. I can’t believe you can’t give just $150. I can’t even believe I voted for
some of you. You’re not doing your job. You’re not representing me. I don’t like to
stand here and ta
lk. Lemme tell you I’m shy. This took a lot. You will see me
again

and I
don’t know why you’re apologizing. I am not going to stand here and apologize for
anything. I believe that some of you are racist
whenever

it’s

internalized. My younger
sister, on
e of her schools is
uc davis

and I don’t want her to come. Student
government

doesn’t represent us. You still have a fucking excuse to not give us the money. Its $150.
Most of the income comes from ourselves and registration fees. We paid over $8000
an
d you can’t give us $150. I bet you a lot of us
didn’t

go to the
culture

days. I feel like
I’m wasting my time. And I really need my beauty sleep. And it’s hot and I’m sweating
and oh
hell

no.


Trang: this is my first time speaking at senate meeting an
d it just reminds me why I
don’t want to be here but now I want to be here.
Just want to say thank you to those
who did vote yes. I just want to recognize all yall help. And I want to validate all the
emotions coming out. This is our way to get through t
o yall.


Francisco
: I hope this touches you all. At least one person who identifies
with one

of
those communities or lavender….
I

does

care about the individuals graduating in a few
months. I probably will cheer for you all too because I’m not a deceitful person. And we
walk out with our head high and we’ll find the $1300. Thanks for not funding us


Cano: it’s been years since I see pe
ople cry. I mean two weeks ago at the meeting…
it’s

obviously not apparent
what’s

going on out there. Obviously
there’s

need for my
position if
there’s

so many people here in front of you. What’s the need for my
position? It’s important obviously. Commo
n let’s move on. It’s not cool to have people
cry in the public.
I mean I hope you got something out of this.
I really do


Public: I wonder seriously this is like my 6
th

time fighting this. But do you not have a
heart because honestly have you ever fundr
aised
for your

own
graduations
?
Everyone

ever sit in the sun for 8 hours to that your
graduation

has money. I did that 3 times, not
just for my own, but for others. Because I knew that the money wasn’t going to come
from anywhere. We needed student gove
rnment to solidify this money for us. The fact
that at this point
it’s

not

a common sense thing that we might as well pass this
thing….to me that you’re not doing that, you’re stupid. You’re just really stupid.
Whether or not people agree with bills th
at means they
made

the logical decision…..if
you go out there….go out there and see how it feels to sell soda under the sun. I know a
lot of you don’t have the mind to make the vote of your own…you’re being
manipulated. Take the smart route and support your students. I know you have the
power to say something about it.


Robin:
I’m

really sick and tired but I’m here right now and I have

a lot of thoughts. I can’t
say it as eloquently as everyone else. I remember applying for college they want
students who involved. And I am involved. Once you’re here you’re just another
student, but I expected student government to pay attention to us. I
’m here and
involved and pouring my heart out to
Fil

grad but
I’m

here tonight and it’s a real
struggle. The reason why I’m here is because I was angry as a freshman …… and why
hasn’t these graduations been institutionalized. I hope that this year we woul
dn’t have
to struggle and we’re here fighting for funding even though we worked our asses off all
year.
I expect more from our student government.
I have friends from other schools and
they don’t have to deal with this. Am I happy right now? No. I voted f
or a lot of you
guys and I’m disappointed. I yield I’m tired I need to go home.


Kristy: so
I’m

another
Fil

grad coordinator. I’ve helped out and have been involved in
your side of the fence as well. The whole community that I’ve been
raised

in has taugh
t
me it’s
important

to give back to the community. It’s frustrating that giving back just a
little bit back to the community. That’s just so frustrating. We’re so built up on
volunteering……..that’s it. Well I was here last year too. I had an event
becaus
e

I wanted
this bill and I went to the BnF meeting and to see all the same shit. And I know it’s a
different

bill but we have to fight the same fight. None of us want to do this tango.


Nonga: bringing it back to what happened
tonight;

I personally
tried

to address
everyone’s concerns on a fiscal rational level. I
ad
dressed them one by one. One of the
arguments

was about senate reserves. If an emergency were to come up the money
would go to students. So basically we prioritize students that don’t even e
xist and
prioritized a situation that didn’t
exist

instead of people who need help right now. I
don’t get
angry

and I don’t speak loud. I try to be objective and try to listen to all the
sides. I’m hesitant to bring up my minority status because I focus on

what I have in
common with
other

people and the reason that I do that is because I want the number
one priority to be
serving

students
. That should
be

the number one priority on the
table. Say they were all gray blobs, we had an opportunity to serve them

and we didn’t.
we could have made this happen and it didn’t. if it had been another event. What if it
were
Cal

aggie camp in front of us? And they were asking us for money they needed.
They needed that money and it wouldn’t put us in the red. Would we
have

said no I’m
sorry…no we wouldn’t have said that. I don’t know. Next year, I’ll be a fourth year and
I’ll be
participating

in black grad and it puts things into perspective for me. I
promised

myself as someone who wanted to bridge the gap. It’s someth
ing to work on and I yield.


Sadalia
: I just want to gloss over and make sure you know my uncomfortablility.
I’ve

only
been here a little over a year now.
ASUCD
’s rep. I was told to
avoid

it
unless

it’s

necessary.
After a month of two into the school yea
r, one of the departments that you
fund.
They ran a story called jungle fever. And I didn’t see too much of a response
except from the black community. I didn’t see a senator go to the meeting and it
definitely

let me know that I didn’t want to have too m
uch deal with it.
I’m going to be
an orientation leader this summer and if anyone is going to ask what student gov is like
I’m gonna be honest and have to tell them of my experience.
It kinda sucks that I had to
tell them I was denied 150 for my
event
. We

couldn’t get 1300 between 8 other
communities. It’s weird that
………however I come before you and this isn’t good
enough for this bill to pass. And I’m not attacking the people …I just want to let you
know that your peers think that I’m important enough to

do that…so I do what to
emphasize that. And if we didn’t have any of these
organizations
, we wouldn’t be sitting
here for crazy
hours
. We’re still collaborating. Putting this orange paper isn’t the end of
it. We are
still

busting our ass. I’m also doin
g a fundraiser for black family day. And so
we can also avoid more jungle fever experiences. Someone donated to us. Willingly
gave us food to sell. Someone took it to their hearts and donated food to us. Willing to
take something under their budget to
fund ours.


Krissy: I just want to say 1300
ain't

no thing. Armando is on my board but he’ll support
us. As student recruitment retention center will fun
d

you


Schaeffer: I needed to apologize is because regardless how this vote turned out.
I
tried

hostin
g meetings for this issue one after 3 am meeting about divestment.
I blame myself
for that because……this is a communication thing and the communities don’t have a true
way to navigate the space. Although I can acknowledge the fact that the communities
hav
e come to a
predominantly

white table to ask for money….and I thank you for
coming to all four meetings. Thank you.


Sadalia
: a lot of people don’t go to regular commencement. They just go to black grad


Sagala: I cried
every day

at this room. Yall don’t deserve my
tears

anymore. Thank you
Roland

for saying that I
really

appreciate that. We’ll come back during budget hearings. I
have admin support that on
principle

ASUCD

should fund this. No we do and I know for
a fact if we pri
oritize
correctly
. These
aren’t

things to think
about

at the end of the day.
These are student events and are as important as units. We just need to
make

sure we
consider that it’s important. I know it’ll turn into behind closed doors. I’m your friend
and

we disagree but I know you’re friends.


Schaeffer: if anyone wants to know BnF’s closed session about divestment. I want to
make them as transparent as possible.


Motion to 10 minute break


authors comment: this is the updated
long ranged

plan for univers
ity affairs. Basically to
keep it short university affairs is an info and advocacy unit. They
dissimilate

info to the
students and talk to
regents

on behalf of the university. Add members to like taps
committee. For ex I served on library committee. We

had one meeting it was great. It’s
an important unit so I encourage you to read this line by line.


Cano: we like long range plans. For most part this is the same thing minus quarter
registration references….the previous plan was written under
Backster

so with that it’s a
good long range plan


Schaeffer: correctly copied
numbers
. Well done


Public discussion
:

Lara: I don’t know why….


Smythe
: the most time we spent conversing was about the chart. She wanted assistant
director on the same line as the ot
her assistants including interns. Then I was told that
assistant director was a paid position and technically need to be in charged by the
unpaid ones. I recommend
striking

the one below and keeping the one on top.


Interns and university
affairs

are dif
ferent from other
committees

you served on. What
they do is they compile info, type it out, and
disseminate

it across campus. They aren’t
the traditional “intern” and that’s why they are on the same level as UC liaison and
UC

ambassadors.


Nonga: motion
to strike the
assistant

director. I have a question but I’ve never gotten
any info from university affairs. Maybe I live in a cave.


Ong: a lot of work is internal. A lot of info from within UC is dispersed….she appoints
people to the student …. They do
a big push…but
it’s

usually within internal university


Smythe
: a on social media and also the bulletin boards across campus will have
different snip bits of info so
there’s

a colorful flyer. Did you know student fees are this
high? And they give a histor
y. So
it’s

really to encourage info owe should know but
don’t necessarily know. If you don’t like us or follow us on the boards, it’ kinda hard.


Smythe
: so basically the reason why I updated it so frequently was because the
university
affairs under the
previous director were

kind of nonexistent. So I decided as
an intern on the same level as the other ones, I wanted to make sure this is accurately
depicted in the legislation


Thomas: under two year goals, if you read them as bullet
points….so the actual

two year
goals are underlined …..


Smythe
:
highlighter

yellow, robins nest blue, salmon pink. Paper is like half sheet of
paper in those colors.


Topf: motion to make those changes


Senate Discussion
:

Kapir: lines 138
-
140…


f.

SB #98 McManus

authors’

comme
nts: this should be a quick one. So I don’t know if you all remember but
in fall elections we passed #31 which oaths of office for office of senate vp and
president…..it also corrects table of contents by adding
an

s


Cano: fairly straight forward. It nev
er made sense in
theory because

then senators can
suspend oath. That problem has been solved by amendment 31 and this something
about bylaws and constitution.


Questions in text


Public Discussion
:

Thomas: motion to senate


Senate Discussion
:

Bradley
: s
hould we do the constitutional amendment first


McManus: court offices is not in the constitution. I don’t think the constitutional
amendment needs to pass first

g.

SB #99 McManus

allows commission to table legislation without counting against their tabling limit if the
author isn’t present. The main arguments
against

the legislation are based on a few
select cases, rather than the number of cases that would benefit. It would allow
commissions to more effectively … how we feel about something. I really urge you to
think about what the trend is over the years rather t
han the few rare cases.


Internal
affairs

objected tabling bills. What’s the right of an author? Does this bill
infringe of that right. As an author you have the right to show up to the commission
meeting, and some of my commission
members

felt that this

bill makes it too lenient on
the authors that they’re not expected to show up to the meetings. But at the end of the
day internal affairs agreed that when we vote or see bills, we
currently

only have one
week if the authors not present and that’s not fai
r. So we voted 5
-
4 to rec to senate
because there
have

been numerous bills where internal affairs seemed to be pretty
rushed. Professor Bulfksdjf;als bill. Language that we hashed out and senate was more
than happy to accommodate….by adding another week

is a safe compromise. Or
deferring bills if we have too many on our agenda. This would allow commissions to
work better and focus better and have enough time.


Questions in text.


Public discussion:


Sagala: I personally liked the idea of the bill from

personal experience as someone who
authored it. I feel like it’s a huge
responsibility

to be present. But for instance what
happened this week with BnF with my second job, cause I guess this
is job
, or a life
ruiner, and I definitely think that only bec
ause I wasn’t present, and it wasn’t tabled. To
me it’s a good
safe hold

especially

when you have people who can’t necessarily be there
right away. I guess you can send a designee. I generally like the idea of the bill


Herskevitz
: hi guys. I’m on IAC
I did vote no on this bill. But I do see the valor in this and
it’s
really

frustrating we have to stay up late to make sure bills are valid before sending
them to senate. In past, we stay late and fix it
and

we’ve done no rec and did a
Google

doc with au
thors. And one of the members of the tables explained why we voted no.
it’s the duty of the author to come. The responsibility for the author to come to
commissions at IAC or any other meeting to explain the bill. This gives a reason for
authors not to

come and it makes meeting more tedious.


Figueroa: increasing the number of table limits instead of making it limitless


McManus: we’ve been talking a lot in IAC to reduce our burden. I see this as a
compromise between the senate’s unlimiting tabling abi
lity. As far as increasing the
tabling ability, I wouldn’t be in favor of that either. Especially if the author is present.
But if the author isn’t present then it really restricts us. I really see it as a compromise.


Rivilis
: finally cleaned the pie
off my face. So I voted no as well on this. First reason is I
feel the existence of this is that it reduces the priority in which IAC should take
presence. Second reason is more
an

institutional restriction. Say the author comes to
the first meeting and

their bill is tabled, but next week the author isn’t present. We
can’t predict the author’s schedule. I think an author should attend a meeting and it
should be their responsibility that the legislation gets passed. They should make it a
priority to at
tend a committee meeting to get their bill passed.


Cano
: the arguments for this bill is this
legislation

might make the process a bit longer
but to sum up how is the author informed where to go. The author may have work on
whatever day and need to plan ac
cordingly. This allows the author to miss the first
meeting and plan accordingly and be able to show up to the meeting. And it’ll give us
two meetings to fix the bill if it’s controversial or fixable. We want to show our support
on bills but we want to
have the best product. We don’t want to vote no on bills
because we can’t stay and fix the bill. ….
sometimes

we get kicked out at 9, but I think
this is a safe compromise to a problem where the author doesn’t know where the bills
are
referred

to…


McManus
: if we have problems with the author not showing up a lot, there is a
mechanism that addresses that. To have those things addressed in an open meeting is
more beneficial and having this ability if the author doesn’t show up the first week to do
so is jus
t better in my opinion


Topf: if an author doesn’t show up twice, it gets withdrawn automatically.


MacManus: it doesn’t change the bylaws


I was afraid we were legislating laziness. The author’s byline should be a
privilege
…I
think IAC has always voted

to extend seeing times. Our students and commission
are

working hard and is legit. This takes away some of the
obligation

that comes with the
author byline. But the ….. line with the author doesn’t show up twice…I would have
changed my vote.


Riviles:
so like the person has can’t come to senate on a Thursday. Say your bill has like
four commissions. Say your bill
can’t come

to just one of the commissions, personally
for me, I ….


Diaz
-
Ordaz: just like to retract an earlier statement I
made
. I think t
hat the one body on
BnF…the multiple beautiful bodies of IAC…


As a collective body, we thank you.


Nonga: couple questions. Can someone speak on roman’s point? About other
alternatives and no
recommendations
?


McManus: if the author doesn’t show up for th
e 2
nd

week it’s gone. If the author
doesn’t consistently show up then we have other
problems

like time conflicts. They can
also send a designee and someone can come speak on behalf of
the

bill. ICC is very
lenient and we’ll see this bill in an hour when
you’re free. This adds another layer that
commissions can give good recs to the senate


Thomas: motion into senate


Senate Discussion
:


Thomas: I had a pro con thing going on. When I found out the author not showing up
twice thing I changed my mind. Al
so this
seems to be

entirely an IAC issue.


Herskevitz: I just wanted to point out that also we’re not supposed to look at this in
recent events. If controversial things come up, that’s another reason I voted no. I
think

the process should be as efficien
t as possible.


Thomas: okay it’s not
JUST

an IAC issue
. I apologize for saying it’s just an IAC issue


Wooster: there have been points where we tabled before so we have to finish. I don’t
find that as a huge roadblock. I
definitely

encourage you to pass

this bill


Ong: I think it’s the responsibility to tell the author where it’s going. We should be held
accountable to tell the authors where the bills are going. There are other coauthors
that you can send also. When you figure it out in advance…but th
is is why I’m against
this bill. If you put your name on the bill
,

it’s personal responsibility.


Wonders: call to question


h.

SR #31 Kappes

i.

SR #32 Hackney

………ensures funding for four years

EAC: we honestly like this resolution. We were a little confused
but talked it out. Mostly
Cal grant

was either awarded or not. A rep was not the most informed but
definitely

tried hardest. We were
definitely

in support of this.

IAC: saw bill Monday and discussed this.
Deemed it the boo
-
boo bill 2011 messed up
and got

cheated.


Questions in text


j.

SR #34 Hackney

you can apply your 3
rd

year and get
Cal grant

4
th

year…

IAC: language wasn’t exactly clear and we had to look up the text. Basically if you’re
graduated and not
pursuing

education
you

can still get
Cal grant

for 3 years

EAC: enables people who chose not to go to higher education…for the diff it can make
for the few it’s worth the investments

XI.

Ex
-
Officio Reports

a.

Commission Chairs

b.

Outreach Assembly speaker

c.

ASUCD

Controller

XII.

Elected Officer Reports

a.

President

b.

Vice
President

c.

ASUCD

Senators

XIII.

New Student Court Cases/Prior Weeks

Verdicts/
ASUCD

Court Announcements

XIV.

Approval of past meeting minutes

a.

approved

XV.

Public discussion (unscheduled)

The impede will be presented to the senate next
hours

and
everything

will be explained
. And
then

there’s

also the fact that we went to BnF closed session. Court accepted closed session request. The
deliberation will take place next
wednesday
. The court has also expressed .dismay at the timing.
We’d

like to have enough days to achieve
quor
um
.
Essentially

Wednesday
.
It’s

very hard for us to
achieve

quorum

by

Wednesday. I know it’s not
feasible

in a lot of ways but that’s how the court systems
working.

We went to
URSAC
.


Public discussion: if you leave then you forfeit your right to speak o
n this
legislation

but
there’s

no
reason why we can’t carry on this
meeting
. If you don’t want to do your job then you can go home. Do
your jobs I yield.


Thomas: the fact that I’m here right now, shows that I do my job but I don’t feel like we represent the
student body. We did represent the student body.
Going beyond this point with only 8 of us. That’s not
representative.

Burke: it’s a copout
to

vote o
n those legislations…..but to say we can vote on those two but
ton

the rest
is absurd.

Kappes: they wanna vote on 31 then. I get where you’re coming from and 8 of us and basically an entire
party left. We can’t
really

I don’t know

Thomas: so the reason why

I’m lingering is because I’m torn. I want to
represent

the student
Gov.

and I
want to call a roll call
vote

to adjournment

B
urke: just tough it out. I love
all my
meetings

I can do this all day or night.

Cano: I honestly don’t think we should see those re
solutions. I was preoccupied to say
anything

but it
looks bad on a capital level. And we have four abstentions of the bill. We’re not allocating money or
policy

Wonders
: I’m pissed that four member
s left because they didn
’t get what they wanted. I’m

piss
ed two
members want to leave to show solidarity. I’m
pissed

that people at this table can be voted
and

attacked
numerous

times while the presiding officer does nothing about it. Its
bullshit
.
It’s

s
unprofessional and it’s wrong. To adjourn meeting when we have quorum it’s wrong. And
I’m

really
disappointed. I thought that when I
ran

I was joining a body that was
better

than this. I was fucking
wrong. That’s okay. I’ll yield

Kapur
: professionalism

and respect got thrown around a lot on my table too.
But my disappointment
from my table right now is you remember you first meeting that I had high hopes that you’d be able to
compromise and after tonight I’m super disappointed.
For the 5 people who vot
es no, I think one was
explained as thoroughly as possibly be. And another one was explained and logically proven wrong and
the other three don’t have accountability. And it’s another issue but
I am

a lack of accountability. We
knew if it came here it woul
d fail. I wanted to know if you wanted to know no I wanted your name next
to it. We
criticize

people in Washington but
ASUCD

does this stuff when we’re gonna be the ones
changing the world and we’re doing this
at

his level. It’s just disheartening. I thoug
h
it

was
ASUCD

pretty
bad and this is rivaling it and that scares me.
There’s

no one at this
table

that’s as
polarizing

as me and
dos. But no one at this table that gets to you like that. And
it’s

really disheartening. And this……..and I
just think you a
ll need to have better accountability. And have something to say and c a reason and
explanation. When I was threatening or contemplating to vote no I demanded the reasons and
it’s

very
disheartening. Honestly I feel like I care more than some of more of
you. Now you represent me. That
really disheartens me. And
I’m

assuming

no one wants to respond cause no one wants so be
accountable

Thomas:
I’m

cool. Can
we
suspend

that bylaw?
I

don’t think anyone who voted no was unreasonable
even though I wanted them
to vote yes. It doesn’t matter though. I have nothing to gain in student
Gov.

Do

my best damn job and then
leave
. Let’s do some legislation then. We can talk about bills and untable
things. Let’s make this thing work. I feel like the need we need public
d
iscussion

stops at 2 minutes
when we have more than 2 people. It’s being abused…..

Thomas(?)
: I half wrote the bill doing just that. But then … it drives me
crazy

how we spend pretty much
an hour of these
meetings

being yelled at. But it gets in the way o
f doing our job.
ASUCD

is bigger than
any one issue. We are more than this. We are more than a single issue and we are more than a single
vote. A single vote you deserve every one of the votes

Nonga: I agree that
ASUCD

is more than a single issue so a lot

of people
lost

faith over
ASUCD

tonight
but I wish they
could

take in account of the positive stuff we have done. I apologize for my
unprofessionalism for crying. As far as members of the public.

Wonders: that’s not what I meant during unprofessionalism


Nonga: I can say we didn’t do our job by failing the bill. You can say 8 votes is enough…we represent all
students.
We’re

subjective people. But I still believe in us and I push for better communication between
all of us. I didn’t understand why it was suc
h a divisive issue but I see that now.

Tanzi: hey just want to say this is all sounding very familiar. Similar conversations and I would go on
rants screaming at other people for lack of professionalism. I don’t know if people are really upset about
the pu
blic but they come here to yell us. That’s why we’re
here to

be yelled at. I know I wasn’t here for
this conversation today but you need to hear it. My very
first

senate meeting. You all need to chill take
some deep breathes, stop
yelling

at each other, w
e’ve all been there we all kind of understand what
each
one

of us are going through and I know I’m getting all hippie like but relay I don’t like seeing this. It
just breaks my heart

Cano:
I’ll

just address my concerns to
individuals

after the meeting so
let’s

move on. There are no
longer

polarizing

figures on the table. Who would always argue and yell face to face. I understand you were
yelled at but it’s
disgusting

to make remarks about them when they aren’t present. Should I
live stream

this? They would

love to see their representatives talk about their backs. I’m going
in

the wrong
direction with this convo but keep this in mind. So I would urge the next person to move on with the
meeting.

Wooster: I yield

Ong: I don’t really tell people this a lot. I j
ust want respect. I respect that one member of the public that
talked to me after and I hope people respect
my

vote. I

learned
this

and

these

past two weeks and my
community ….
I

was lucky enough that this divestment brought a community to accept me…

Orders

of the day

Jackson

cancelled meeting
-
mtg day of
Davis

city council changed

Still working on reimbursements for earth week

Helped
Tessa

with CCE interviews

Will be helping whole earth
ASUCD

unit! Act with waste sorting at some point this weekend

Went to ur
sac

Held office hours

Cano:

Friday: meeting with controller to discuss my small budget. $9 increase

Saturday:
Quetamol?

Monday: didn’t go to classes busy studying and writing paper. Had my meeting

Tuesday: cancelled bylaw? went to a really long BnF meeting for moral support.
Today: commencement
speaker c=today scholarship committee read 83 apps.
And held OH

Wooster:

Friday OH

Posted new chair
hiring’s

and then applied to myself

Met with controller a
nd finalized eec budget

Monday wandered downtown
by myself
. Got my nails down.

Tu
esday: OH
designed

ad to apply for EAC. It was a sexy ad

Wednesday: meeting. Went until 7:06

Calderazzo: Went to IAC and loved it. Held OH and talked to commissioners about
life. Also we talked
about more programs for next year. More dorm fairs and more resource forums and more collaboration
with freshman, transfer, and international leadership.

Evans

Closed the 2013
-
2014 proposed budget and had it printed by the lovely folk
s at CCCN

Held URSAC meeting to discuss third floor renovations

Met with business manager hiring committee to go over action plan

Budgets will be distributed tonight


Burke

Held office hours

EAC

Reviving mid
-
quarter evals


Tal

ECAC BnF divestment meetings
held office

Bottoms

Make sure to come out to those forums one tomorrow. At 115 in SCC

Met with calperg

Red scholarship for days

Job initiative


Nonga

Focused on school

Held OH

Read through scholarship apps


Ong

ASUCD

scholarship mtg

ECAC and OA

Office
hours

Mtg with experimental college

Read scholarship apps

Met with
Carly

Met with extremely concerned constituents

Cashed

in more
ASUCD

scholarship


Burke

EAC and OH


Kappes:

OH URSAC


Wonders

BNF OFFICE HOURS

Midterms
,
essays

Adjourned at 1:03