DOC - GISELA Documents

feelingmomInternet και Εφαρμογές Web

7 Δεκ 2013 (πριν από 3 χρόνια και 4 μήνες)

86 εμφανίσεις






1

Meeting Object
:

WP3


Ordinary Fortnight Meeting

WP or MB or TB

WP3

Editor(s):

Diego Carvalho and Luiz Rossi

Meeting Date

& Time:

April 27
th
, 2011

12h GMT

Meeting Place:

SKYPE Meeting

Attendees:

DC
-

Diego Carvalho <d.carvalho@ieee.org>

RM
-

Rafael
Mayo

GD
-

Guillermo Díaz

DS
-

Diego Scardaci

LR
-

Luiz Rossi

Apologies:


Absent:

Dago Bedoya (DB)

Distribution:

Public

Comments



AGENDA:

1.

Updates from the Technical Board Face 2 Face Meeting in Itacuruçá

2.

Updates from the User Forum in Vilnius

3.

Earth Sc
ience request (WRF) in Brazil

4.

Science Gateway use and deployment

5.

AOB







2


MEETING NOTES




1.

Updates from the Technical Board Face 2 Face Meeting in Itacuruçá

DC presented: “Priority is given to ensure full load of the e
-
Infrastructure. As the “large VRCs”
are

more likely to contribute, special effort will be put on getting them on board. The ongoing
collaboration with EGI and in particular the forthcoming EGI User Forum (Vilnius) should be
used to prospect these VRCs”.


DC said: “The transition team didn’t eng
age until M6. The deadline to send comments on the
Crash Program document to Bernard is tomorrow, 28/04/2011”.


DC said: “There will be a priority to load the infrastructure. Focus on large VRC’s. It’s needed
to prospect people to increase infrastructure u
sage”.


DC presented: “CLARA and NRENs will develop an aggressive promotion of the use of Grid
computing in their communities. This will be achieved by WP2 by means of its NREN
contribution. Tight coordination will be established with the CLARA Service Man
agement and
WP3 through the TT person (Dago Hernando Bedoya Ortiz)”


DC said: “The Management Board had a false impression of the actual number of applications.
The number of available tools doesn’t mean that we have users actually using those tools. We
ha
ve 2 or 3 applications that are really running. We should contact people that are in our
portfolio and ask them to use the infrastructure”.


GD said: “There is a possibility to push on the collaboration with Colombia, providing
gridification and administra
tion support. They have a self
-
supported project (RENATA) that can
send people to Trujillo. There is an application with medical images that needs storage services.
They have made tests in internal grid environment. They could start using GISELA
infrastruc
ture in a few months.

Could be a cost effective effort.


DC said: “Colombia started the cooperation of grid initiative. They hade a meeting on April 1st
and another one will take place in a few days when will be discussed how they will organize. A
message
was sent to a representative asking how to create synergies, join forces and put
everybody onboard.


DS said: “We should send messages asking them to run their applications and saying that we
can try to support them to run”.

DC said: “We should focus on ap
plications with statuses 4 and 5”.


Everybody agreed.


DC presented: “Applications from the EELA
-
2 Application portfolio will be pushed to run more
production batches”.


DC presented: “Tutorial & Training sessions for LA newcomers to be essentially support
ed by





3

the existing LA pool of trainers built by EELA and EELA
-
2. This will be organised by WP2
under the supervision of WP3 and possibly with the support of EC
-
funded projects such as
EPIKH and CHAIN”.


DC said: “Tutorials and training sessions to newcomer
s will be organized by WP2 and will be
free. WP2 people will be in the loop under our supervision”. Asked DS to keep the link between
GISELA and EPIKH.


RM suggested a way to involve more people: “Follow the model used by
http://www.cedia.org.ec/”.


DS sai
d: “GISELA could support another VO
http://www.eu
-
decide.eu
/

to help them with the
resources they need”.


DC said: “The problem we have is that people in WP4 asked only to support VOs if they will
actually use the
infrastructure. New VOs configuration is a burden to WP4 in scheduled
maintenances and is only worth the effort if they will actually use the infrastructure”.



DC presented: “Tutorials tailored to VRCs will be worked out on demand
according to the VRC requ
ests and the WP3 manpower”.



DC said: “Diego Rincon Yanez may start to work with us”.


2.

Updates from the User Forum in Vilnius

DC presented: “Two MoUs were signed between GISELA and EGI”.

DC circulated the following URL:

http://www.egi.eu/user
-
support/

and asked: “If there is
something we can use, send me (DC) a message”.

DC presented: “As a net result of the organized workshop,
enmr.eu

and biomed are well
organized. Other VRCs, pe
rhaps, are not ready to use the infrastructure. Apart from High
Energy Physics, these two are the most well organized right now”.

DC spoke about Biomed deployment in LA.


3.

Earth Science request (WRF) in Brazil

DC presented: “INPA runs regional WRF models in

multiple domains aligned on a small
timescale, where they study atmospheric process in different scales in order to understand their
effect over other global models that underestimate the rainforest behavior. We could try to
provide support”.


DC said: “A

letter was sent to Antonio Cofiño, who is in charge of WRF4G” and asked RM to
look after this initiative.


4.

Science Gateway use and deployment

DC presented: “Science Gateways are considerated a new way to promote and spread the grid
computing paradigm prov
iding user with advanced portals able to make easier the e
-
infrastructure usage.Science Gateways use innovative services (i.e. Robot Certificate) and
innovative platforms (sw middleware to create innovative portal, i.e. liferay)”.


DS said: “In Catania we
worked in Science Gateway. We are developing a Science Gateway





4

based on Liferay, a middleware that provides functionality to develop portals in an easy and fast
fashion. Portlets can be used on several portals. Maybe a good idea is to create a Science
Gate
way to GISELA industrial application (Industry@Grid). The idea is to provide GISELA
with the portlet developed in Catania and create a gateway for the application”.


DS continued: “There’s an important point regarding the way we choose to access the
middle
ware from the gateway. In Catania, they have a unique interface and can use the
middleware in different instances. Users without competence in computer science or grid, could
submit jobs using a normal web interface”.


RM said: “Is it devoted only for grid

users? Is a grid certificate needed?”


DS answered: “In Catania we are developing a special way to authenticate users. With the
authentication the portal can decide witch portlet the user can access. Among other possibilities,
the user can obtain a certif
icate from the robot certificate pool, only needing a username and
password”.


DC said: “
enmr.eu

is a successfull example on how to use this technology in order to empower a
VRC”.

DC said: “W
-
enmr runs 2 portals. One uses gri
d certificates. Another one is for users without a
grid certificate”.

DC asked: “What is the timeframe of a portal implementation?”

DS said: “We have a prototype deployed in Catania. For a complete portal we need about 6
more months”.


5.

AOB

DC presented: “T
here’s a new user from Colombia. WP6 was requested to support a small
development in order to link the DIRAC system to a NMR portal maintained by a community in
Colombia. This initiative could reach more than 100 researchers”.


GD asked for information on
how many induction trainings will take place this year.

DC said: “Contact Herbert and organize together. He will offer this kind of meeting in LA with
support of EPIKH and other projects”.


ACTIONS


1.

DC
-
> Contact Herbert to talk about the suggestion RM gav
e to involve more people. Try to
ask people to submit things in this context. http://www.cedia.org.ec/

2.

DS
-
> Send message and put deadline by the end of next week. To build a portfolio to
organize the talk to grid Colombia.

3.

Decide (
http://www.eu
-
decide.eu
/) is looking for resources and DS will ask people from
Decide how many CPU years they need.

4.

RM
-
> Contact Antonio and check the status of the support request and check if he needs any
help to accomplish the task with
INPA regional WRF models.

5.

RM
-
> Contact the guy in (Eugenio Almeida) INPE. Send a message to him with copy to DC.

6.

DS
-
> Organize a meeting with Industry@Grid team to discuss liferay and portal
implementation.