Manage the Joomla Component
Install Joomla Component
After you've downloaded the archive with the Joomla Component, please follow these steps to
complete installation of your Joomla Component:
1. Unpack the two files “module.zip” and “component.zip” from the archive into a place that's
convenient for you. These are the installation packages for the component and module.
2. To install the packages into your Content Management System go to the Joomla administrator's
panel and select “Extensions → Install/Uninstall” menu.
3. Install the module, press the “Browse” button in the menu, and in the window that opens enter
the path for the file “module.zip”.
4. Click on the “Upload File & Install” button
5. Repeat the steps above to install the component.
That’s it! The component and module have been successfully installed into your system.
Add New Channels Into Your Joomla CMS
It's a cinch to include ads on your Joomla based websites, just follow these steps:
1. Go to the “Components → <%SITE_NAME%> Ads” menu.
2. Click “Create New Channel”.
3. In the form that opens, select a channel and color scheme for the channel from the list. Retain
your changes by clicking the “Save” button. The system will automatically create a new
component in the Joomla system using the settings you've selected.
4. You can adjust the component to display your ad channels according to your tastes.
That’s you have it! The channel you've selected will be displayed using the components you've created.
Sometimes it will be necessary to change the settings of the component; for instance, when the
address of an ad server changes, you change an API key etc. To avoid reinstallation of the component
each time we've created a settings configuration interface.
1. Go to “Components → <%SITE_NAME%> Ads”. Click the “Preferences” button.
2. In the menu that opens, you can enter your new API key, change the address of an ad server
or alter a website id.
3. To finish, save your changes and refresh the page.
If you should happen to make a mistake when setting a parameter, a notification message with a code
and error description will appear. You won’t be able to add new components until the settings error is