IP-over-ISDN Router for the Primary-Rate Interface
H E R M E S
H E R M E S
Remote-CAPI 2.0 for Windows NT/2000/XP and Linux/AIX
Configuration and management by web browser and telnet
IP-Routing via two or four primary-rate interfaces
Fax communication on 120 B-channels
VPN with IPSec
GOOD NEWS FOR BETTER CONNECTIONS !
2 Ethernet ports 10/100/1000 Mbps
HERMES-PRO/P2 is a convincing standalone
remote access solution for company and infra-
structure networks. It supports simultaneous
communication on up to four primary-rate
interfaces or 120 B-channels.
The device has two functions: it can be used as a
CAPI-server or as an IP-over-ISDN router.
The router is ideal for networking, for the connec-
tion of mainframes to WANs, for LAN inter-
connection, for the integration of remote sites or
data exchange via GSM.
The open architecture enables users to imple-
ment their own additional protocol layers.
Configuration and management are easily done
with a webbrowser. The firewall functionality
provides you with a plus of safety.
Filter functions based on caller-ID, on TCP- and
UDP-ports are checking all incoming and out-
going data packets. The authentication protocols
PAP and CHAP and callback mechanisms protect
your network against unauthorized access.
The router is equipped with extensive methods to
control telephone charges. The accounting
mechanism provides detailed reports and control
of all active connections.
With its robust design HERMES-PRO/P2 is made
for a long service period. The low energy
consumption preserves natural resources.
• ISDN-communication via two or four
• Simultaneous operation of up to 120 B-channels
• Processor: PowerPC 667 MHz
• Onboard memory
SDRAM: 128 MB, Flash ROM: 64 MB
• LAN: 2 Ethernet ports 10/100/1000 Mbps
• Operation control LEDs
• Temperature monitoring by SNMP
• Low power consumption: max. 10 W, no fan
• Dimensions: 19-inch rack compliant, 1U (EIA)
• Permissible ambient temperature: 0 - 50°C
• Supports the protocols X.75, HDLC, ISO 3309,
V.110, and Transparent on all B-channels
• Static and dynamic IP routing via ISDN
• Intelligent channel management (short-hold)
• PPP with authentication CHAP and PAP
• D-channel or PPP-managed call-back
• Firewall-functionality on the basis of iptables
• VPN with IPSec
supports dynamic IP numbers and dynDNS
• Configuration and management by web
browser and telnet
• Firmware update by web browser of ftp
• Remote CAPI 2.0 for Windows NT/2000/XP
• Supports communication with
analog V.23 modems and fax G3 devices
• ISDN signaling protocol E-DSS1
• Billing monitor ARD
• Internal mains adapter, 100-240V AC, 50-60 Hz
Gesellschaft für Datentechnik und Informatik mbH
Dieburger Straße 96A ∙ D-64289 Darmstadt
Telefon: +49 (0)61 51/97 67-0 ∙ Fax 97 67-99
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org