TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE AGENDA

childlikeprudenceInternet και Εφαρμογές Web

5 Δεκ 2013 (πριν από 3 χρόνια και 8 μήνες)

70 εμφανίσεις

TECHNOLOGY COMMITTEE AGENDA

Alexis Alexander, Dr Eric Gravenberg, co
-
chairs, 20
10
-
201
1

Date:
October 14
th
,
2010

1.

Call meeting to order

2.

Report back on Meeting with Project 6

3.

Form web sub
-
committee

4.

Update on Smart Classrooms

5.

Open Forum

6.

Adjourn: 12 noon

FYI

Tech Committee Charge

Charge:
(1) assess how effectively current technology is being utilized at the College; (2) identify, prioritize and recommend areas
for
expansion of technology utilization for the enhancement of instructional programs, student servi
ces and the management of the College; (3)
identify, prioritize and recommend both on
-
going and specialized training needs for maximum utilization of technological resources; (4) identify,
prioritize and recommend staffing for technology; (5) develop an on
-
going comprehensive College Technology Plan for consideration by College
Council; (6) recommend funding strategies and priorities for major technology spending; (7) advise the District Technology Co
mmittee about the
information technology needs and concer
ns of Merritt College; (8) receive regular reports from the District Information Technology Committee,
and review and respond as appropriate; and (9) establish (as needed) technology subcommittees.

Merritt College Technology Committee Meeting Minutes,
Ma
y 13, 2010

Members Present:

Chr楳⁇iam灰p⁁ 瑨潮y⁐潷e汬l⁔潮礠䡡mp瑯n;

Pa瑲楣楡⁒潭

呩T⁈慣步k琻

Rebecca Kenney;

R潮⁐e牥稻⁎杨楥m
周T椻 坡汴敲⁊潨n獯s;

䅬Ax楳⁁汥xan摥d:⁓瑥灨an楥⁈慲摩d朻

Eric Gravenberg; Robert Adams; Linda Berry;

䅮楴愠䉬ick;



Jon Drinnon;

卩m潮⁃ an

I瑥t

楳iu獳楯s

䅣瑩潮⁐污n

ue⁄ 瑥









䵥牲r瑴⁗ 扰慧b

摩獣u獳楯s






















䵥牲r瑴⁗ 扰慧b

Discussion, con’t


Discussion about Drupal hosting/server is
sues


Resource allocation for IT hosting


Clarification about who maintains (District IT will not do so?)



AA)

Talk with R Adams to pay Nic for work over break. Project needs an
intern.

Discussion about having a “49” class for Nicolas work
-
study; aligned wit
h
an

Existing course.

AB) Plan for hardware/replacement



Recommends a plan


NorCO (?) District IT led coordinated tech planning and met for




Alignment with campus technology plans





















Action Plan:

District
-
wide Tech
Comm

A.

Black will speak
w Wise Allen

A.

Alexander
prefers that we
use a Linux OS


AA)

Negotiate with











WEB discussion opens
to include Smart
Classrooms

Smart Classrooms:

AB) Would like to see physical mock
-
up of smart c
lassroom.

AA)

Will ask vendor to come to next tech meeting.


Open Scholar

AA asked TH to contact UC Merced regarding implementation/issues pertaining to
Open Scholar, viz.

1)

What UCM is planning to use it for

2)

Problems/glitches with installation

3)

How is OS hosted?

Version of Drupal used?


current vendor to do
installation of Open
Scholar

Nicolas will work p/t
with the Commit
tee
as an intern; he
currently works on
Child Development
website.

AB) Negotiate hours
for Nicolas’ time/work
project with Child
Dev.


Action Plan:


Assessment of
computers/allocation
(part
-
timers)


Assessment
instrument(s)







Adjournment

Meeting a
djourned at 12:00 pm