Technology Committee Minutes

brickborderΑσφάλεια

3 Νοε 2013 (πριν από 3 χρόνια και 7 μήνες)

62 εμφανίσεις



Technology Committee Minutes

May 6,

2004


brickborder_6e8a4de2
-
72ff
-
430f
-
aacb
-
cc55ef22bc42.doc


Page
1

of
3

College of Marin • 835 College Avenue • Kentfield, CA 94904

• 415 . 457 . 8811

In attendance:

Bonnie Borenstein, Harriet Eskildsen, John Hinds, Nancy Kutcher, Jesse Law, Deb
Mindel, Matthew Priewe, Frank Vaskelis, Rainer Wachalovsky, Derek Wilson


I.

Minutes from last meeting

The minutes were approved.


II.

Technology Survey

a.

Student Survey

Survey launched on web page on
May

3 around 2pm

b.

Other surveys

Employee survey launched on May 3 around 2pm. Email sent to
employees

announcing survey.

Action:

Frank V will provide survey summary numbers every couple days

Action:

Reminders will be announce
d to the College in
two

forms


brief voicemail
message on Monday/Tuesday and an email reminder sent on
Wednesday/Thursday.


III.

Ground Rules and
C
ommittee
P
rocedures

Discussion

was deferred to next meeting

Action:

Deb M to post existing docs to Public Folder
s for members to review/comment.


IV.

Security Task Force


a.

D
erek W requested that the Technology Committee receive updates from the Security
Task Force, currently represented by John H.

b.

Discussion occurred on the Task Force charge, makeup,
initiatives

and repo
rting
structure. Also, how it supports/integrates with the Technology Committee.

c.

Task Force proposal is currently in draft mode and speaks to procedural methods for
implementing security policies at the College.

Action:

As Tech
nology

Committee Co
-
Chair, Ra
iner W to approach President and
request that the Technology Committee is kept informed of Security Task
Force recommendations and subsequent actions.


V.

Online Registration Security Issues

a.

Bonnie summarized the security issues and how it was presented by Je
sse Law at the last
meeting.

b.

It was determined that the committee would focus on the credit registration process.

c.

Derek W drafted a memo to distribute to President, CFO, and President of Academic
Senate, but it was postponed due to email conversations alre
ady
occurring
.

d.

Discussion occurred about the student data vulnerability, perceived vs. actual threat, and
potential solutions.

Determined that IT can replace the email registration with
business
standard verification and encryption security within four wee
ks of funding for the
encryption software.


Action:

Bonnie B to revise Derek W’s memo to include recommended actions to the
President, CFO, Dean of Enrollment Services, VP Academic Affairs.



Technology Committee Minutes

May 6,

2004


brickborder_6e8a4de2
-
72ff
-
430f
-
aacb
-
cc55ef22bc42.doc


Page
2

of
3

College of Marin • 835 College Avenue • Kentfield, CA 94904

• 415 . 457 . 8811




Technology Committee Minutes

May 6,

2004


brickborder_6e8a4de2
-
72ff
-
430f
-
aacb
-
cc55ef22bc42.doc


Page
3

of
3

College of Marin • 835 College Avenue • Kentfield, CA 94904

• 415 . 457 . 8811

VI.

Interviews

a.

Bonnie
B working with Eileen A and Frank V in setting

up and prioritizing interviews for
the following weeks.

Action:

Bonnie
B to continue to
work with Frank and Eileen to
schedule

interview
,



VII.

Review of Action Items

Completed Actions:

a.

Deb will print 25 copies of each size of the poster by Monday.

b.

Nancy will

contact lab staff and distribute posters.

c.

Frank will post the College’s logo on the survey site.

d.

Committee members to test all four surveys by Friday.

e.

Steve will contact IT and get an email set up for the Tech Committee for people
to
respond

to any survey

problems.

f.

Deb will write content of email announcing the survey and forward to Rainer.

g.

Frank will contact Rainer to advise him of when to post the email
.

h.

Derek will write a memo from the Committee to Lois Callahan, Michael Beebe, and Hank
Fearnley express
ing the Committee’s concern about web security.

i.

Bonnie will work with Frank and Eileen to begin scheduling interviews as soon as
possible.

j.

Deb will set up the Tech Committee calendar so Eileen can schedule.

k.

Frank will send Committee sample vision and missi
on statements.

l.

Rainer set up Outlook accounts for Derek and John so that they can have access to t
he
Public Folders.


Incomplete

Actions:

a.

Interview scheduling is in progress

b.

Frank V brought sample vision and mission statement to meeting, but no discussion
yet.

c.

Rainer W to still determine how to set up student access to Outlook/Exchange

d.

Rainer W to set autnotification on Public Folders.


VIII.

Next Meeting


Discussion of Committee ground rules and procedures

Discussion of mission, vision, and goals for Technology
Planning

Status of surveys